Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAH question...

1. Senior Member

BAH question...

Advertisements
    K I need help understanding what's going to happen...here's the situation.

We may be getting married sept. 6th, so once we're married, we are moving to CO together, which is where he is stationed. I live in AZ right now. I understand that you cannot set up DEERS (what does that stand for??) until you are officially married...We're getting an apt. off base. When do you actually obtain BAH for the first month after you set it up? Would it be on the 15th when he gets paid? And you only get half of it per paycheck, correct? Ahh i hate money. Also, how can I find out how much separation pay is for when he's deployed? There is such thing, right? Lol I'm trying to take deep breaths here, this is all too much information, marrying into military! Any help would be great! Thanks
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    K I need help understanding what's going to happen...here's the situation.

We may be getting married sept. 6th, so once we're married, we are moving to CO together, which is where he is stationed. I live in AZ right now. I understand that you cannot set up DEERS (what does that stand for??)

Defense Eligibility and Enrollment Reporting System

until you are officially married...We're getting an apt. off base. When do you actually obtain BAH for the first month after you set it up? Would it be on the 15th when he gets paid?

Could be right away, could take a check or two to get caught up, but you'll be paid as of the date you moved in.

And you only get half of it per paycheck, correct?

Yep, split evenly over two checks

Ahh i hate money. Also, how can I find out how much separation pay is for when he's deployed? There is such thing, right? Lol I'm trying to take deep breaths here, this is all too much information, marrying into military! Any help would be great! Thanks

Not sure about sep pay, but I'll bet someone else can help you there.
  3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)

BAH depends on how long it takes for them to put it in the system once he applies for it can take sometimes as little as 30 days sometimes longer but he should stay on top of it to make sure you get it. You will get it in every paycheck ( it will be split like the rest of his pay) or you can choose to allot it to another bank account then it be put in on the 1st of the month in full.
    I forget how much sep pay is i think it is 250 a month but it's been awhile since I we have had that.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

4. Senior Member
    Separation pay is 250$ for every 30 days he's away.

It took a couple of months (2 or 3) for our BAH to kick in, but we got it all in back pay.
  5. Senior Member
    I think it really depends on how long it takes to get BAH. It tooks us only 15 days
  6. I love my Pickle
    I love my Pickle
    Blog Entries
    you get BAH as soon as you get married and he turns in the paperwork, whether you live together or not.
    Before I knew your name,
    Before I saw your chin and your nose,
    Before I counted your fingers and toes,
    I asked heaven for someone as wonderful as you,
    And every prayer and wish came true.
    I dreamed of you...

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    It took about 6 weeks before we got our back pay. We got a HUGE back pay.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    the BAH will usually start 4-6 weeks after intitial application and will be back dated to the date of marriage pro-rated.

the sep pay is only paid for deployments, schools ect. you do not get sep pay for living apart- so if you live in AZ and he NC and he goes to work in NC everyday- you will not get sep pay- BUT if he lives in NC and goes to IRAQ for 1 yr you will get sep pay for the yr...

Sep pay is 250 a month.
  9. Regular Member
    I'm glad someone asked, because I have the same exact questions. THere's so much stuff to know!

~*~ Every long lost dream led me to where you are. Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars *~*

~*~Pointing me on my way into your loving arms. This much I know is true that God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you~*~
  10. "i can't do this w/o you, i'm coming home to you"--DH
    "i can't do this w/o you, i'm coming home to you"--DH
    okay, im glad alot of the similar questions i have are already being answered. But I read a post to DH about BAH being paid split per check, and he said he's getting it paid to him in full. im just a tad bit confused on all this. Abbreviations, things I don't know...military is just confusing period

EBoNY
    "I love you Ebony with everything that I am. I give my heart and soul to you. And I will continue to love you until I can physically not love you anymore. I know you haven't learned to be a wife yet and I really haven't learned to be a husband yet. But together we will learn and teach each other how to fill the positions. I want people to say damn I wish our relationship was like that. You are everything that I want babe.I want you to be the one I wake up to and kiss goodnight for the rest of my life. Hold you in my arms while I sleep or watch tv. I love you with all my heart and can't wait for our lives to start together. I love you so much. your husband"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast