Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Vision coverage

1. I love my Pickle
    I love my Pickle
    Blog Entries

Help Vision coverage

Advertisements
    Ok I know Tricare covers vision. But with the vision, do they cover contacts if you actually need them? I can't wear glasses, they make my face break out for some reason. And my eye sight is absolutely terrible. I cant read a lot of store signs from the road. I had contacts before I moved to tx, so like 5 months ago. But that was through my job. I never used Tricare's vision. And I've left all my papers back home. Stupid me!
    Before I knew your name,
    Before I saw your chin and your nose,
    Before I counted your fingers and toes,
    I asked heaven for someone as wonderful as you,
    And every prayer and wish came true.
    I dreamed of you...

2. Banned
    Banned
    you would have to prove that ALL glasses cause you to have an allergic reaction in order to have tricare pay 100% of the contacts-

other wise without documented proof- you will have to pay out of pocket like the rest of us.
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I have my contacts 100% covered, but I have an eye condition where contacts are the only form, without surgery, to correct my vision.
  4. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    All tricare covers for vision is a regular eye exam. Like dawn said maybe you can get them to cover it if you can truly prove that you have an allergy to whatever plastic/metal they use. by break out do you mean in hives or just you get a break out of pimples?

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!

Are eyeglasses or contact lenses covered under TRICARE?

Active duty service members are covered for eyeglasses at MTFs at no cost.
    Otherwise, contact lenses or eyeglasses are only cost-shared with prior authorization for treatment of infantile glaucoma, keratoconus, dry eyes when normal tearing is inadequate or absent, corneal irregularities other than astigmatism, or loss of human lens function resulting from eye surgery or congenital absence.

Benefits are limited to only one set of implantable lenses required to restore vision. A set may include a combination of both implantable lenses and eyeglasses when the combination is necessary to restore vision. If there is a prescription change related to the qualifying eye condition, a new set may be cost-shared.

Replacement lenses for those that are lost, have deteriorated or have become unusable due to physical growth are not covered. Adjustments, cleaning and repairs of eyeglasses are also not covered.

http://www.triwest.com/corporate/fra...5/q_1/faq.html
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Glasses and contacts are not covered under Tricare, so it really wouldn't matter.
    I got a vision plan under my civil service job so they pay up to so much on glasses and so many boxes of contacts. It really pays because we have 4 vision impaired family members.
  7. Senior Member
    the other ladies said it all....Tricare pays for a yearly exam not the contacts or the glasses. sorry.