Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Eye Exams

1. Senior Member

Eye Exams

Advertisements
    What's TriCares policy, or what ever, for eye exam coverage? What about actually getting new frames and/or contacts?
  2. Senior Member
  3. Senior Member
    You rock. That's what I thought I'd heard before. I need to get in..

I didn't find anything on there about frames. But I'm thinkin we gotta pay for those outta pocket.
  4. Senior Member
    * Are eyeglasses or contact lenses covered under TRICARE?
    * Active duty service members are covered for eyeglasses at MTFs at no cost.

Otherwise, contact lenses or eyeglasses are only cost-shared with prior authorization for treatment of infantile glaucoma, keratoconus, dry eyes when normal tearing is inadequate or absent, corneal irregularities other than astigmatism, or loss of human lens function resulting from eye surgery or congenital absence.

Benefits are limited to only one set of implantable lenses required to restore vision. A set may include a combination of both implantable lenses and eyeglasses when the combination is necessary to restore vision. If there is a prescription change related to the qualifying eye condition, a new set may be cost-shared.

Replacement lenses for those that are lost, have deteriorated or have become unusable due to physical growth are not covered. Adjustments, cleaning and repairs of eyeglasses are also not covered.

http://www.triwest.com/corporate/fra...5/q_1/faq.html All the way at the bottom.
  5. Senior Member
    Hum. Thanks Laura. I missed that part. I am tired and off to bed now.
  6. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

They don't cover very much when it comes to that stuff... whics sucks for me because I had really bad eyes.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyssaM View Post
    You rock. That's what I thought I'd heard before. I need to get in..

I didn't find anything on there about frames. But I'm thinkin we gotta pay for those outta pocket.

I believe that if you go to Pearle Vision, they will giv eyou something like 25-30% off of frames and glasses for being military. Tricare itself doesn't cover anything other than the eye exam, but a handful of places offer a military discount.