Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Navy Clothing allowance?

1. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife

Confused Navy Clothing allowance?

Advertisements
    How often does your SO get it? When does he/she get it? Annually? What does it show up as?

Thanks!
  2. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
  3. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    It is annual, and I don't know exactly what it shows up as. The DFAS database is down right now for that particular LES, but if you remind me I can look it up later. The clothing allowance is receieved at the service anniversary of every year.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  4. Senior Member

It shows up as Clothing Allowance on the LES and yes it comes the month your dh joined the Navy, or shortly after.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    It shows up as Clothing Allowance on the LES and yes it comes the month your dh joined the Navy, or shortly after.
    Unless you pick up CPO...then it changes to the date effective that you made Chief I believe. Not when you pinned it on, but the actual month that you start getting paid for it. I.e. My DH allowance changed from June, when he joined, to October when he started getting paid for CPO.
  6. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by flangl18 View Post
    Unless you pick up CPO...then it changes to the date effective that you made Chief I believe. Not when you pinned it on, but the actual month that you start getting paid for it. I.e. My DH allowance changed from June, when he joined, to October when he started getting paid for CPO.
    , that's the only time it changes... before picking up E7, your clothing allowance will come the payday after your Navy birthday. (my DH enlisted in Nov. and his ALWAYS came Dec. 1. But since making Chief, it will now come the pay period after his advancement date, which was before pinning day for him, so October 1. )

I believe G's showed up as clothing last year... I'm not sure, but I can have him check when he gets home.

Here are the amounts:
    To replace an entire set of uniforms, Navy enlisted men in paygrades E-6 and below would pay $1,203.64, which is $28.99 more than last fiscal year. Navy enlisted women in the same paygrades would pay $1,432.15, which is $22.14 more than last year.

For male sailors, the Navy’s standard replacement allowance is $662.40, a jump of $270 from last fiscal year, and the basic allowance is $464.40, an increase of $190.80.

For female sailors, the new standard replacement allowance is $680.40, which is $277.20 more than last year, and the basic allowance is $475.20, up $194.40 from last year.

Navy chief petty officers in grades E-7s and above have their own seabag list. A complete set of uniforms costs $1,172.20 for male chiefs, an increase of $130.10 over last fiscal year, and $1,042.10 for female chiefs, an increase of $90.30 from last year.

As with lower-ranking sailors, chief petty officers will see large hikes in their standard annual clothing replacement allowances. The allowance for chiefs is now $871.20, an increase of $226.80 over last fiscal year, and $939.60 for women, up $270 from last year.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flangl18 View Post
    Dh still gets his on his enlistment date NOT when he made CPO?
    Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.
  8. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    You get it on your enlistment date ( or the pay period after that) DH gets his ( or did anyway) on July 1st since he enlisted officially June 22nd. It shows up as clothing allowance and i believe it is all one deposit.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

9. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Krisha View Post
    Dh still gets his on his enlistment date NOT when he made CPO?

Tony didn't get his in January so I assume he's getting it in September since that's when he started getting paid for CPO.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Whatever increment they were selected for CPO may coincide with their Navy Bday. September will be the last increment for CPO's getting paid for FY08- likely they are CPO's who haven't been in the Navy very long - i.e. 10 yrs or so. They will then get thier in initial CPO allowance but have likely paid off thier uniforms already. Hope this makes sense...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast