Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: military housing????

1. Senior Member

Help military housing????

Advertisements
    is it really that bad???

also on my husbands wish list his number 1 is south carolina.... do you think we will actaully get it???
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    what do you mean by bad?
  3. Senior Member
    i have heard some people say they are really hard to keep clean. they are picky abotu what you put on walls and how tall the grass has to be.

i guess my question would be is it better to just rent somewhere off base or live on base?
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    the grass..... it's more a common sense thing on how long is too long. I have never had anyone come in my house and say that I can or cant hang this. This house is the same to try and keep clean as any place would be.
  5. Senior Member
    Ive never had any issues with housing. We've live on post here since 2004
  6. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96
    You can visit https://onestop.army.mil/ and review the housing information there. Most places give you the do's and dont's for that housing area.

As far as your preference list, its all on the needs of the Army. It is said that they do give your request consideration but in the end its where you are needed most.
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  7. Senior Member
    thanks you guys. it means alot
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I think most housing rules are just common sense rules. You need to have your grass cut and it must not grow over 3 inches. That is common sense. In order to change things in your house, you are suppose to have a 332 form (AF wise) for things like painting, changing landscapes, anything that makes a change (drastic) to the house. Also, with painting, as long as it goes back to original when you leave.

You have a bit more formalities on moving out then downtown, but it is just respect because it isn't your property and they will pentilize you for things if there is damage or you don't follow some of the common rules.

Hope it helps.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    depends........

we've lived in newer and older housing and have never had any issues. we don't take care of our lawn maintenance, we pay for them to do that as does everyone on the base.

we can paint, hang pictures whatever we want. I just hate the flooring.....HATE the tiles. Mine are clean, but are really worn and dont look clean.
  10. Senior Member
    I painted without asking and then asked and they said as long as it's back to a neutral primer when we leave we're good
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast