Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: MilitaryToGo

1. Senior Member

MilitaryToGo

Advertisements
    Has anyone used MilitaryToGo.com to purchase airfare? If you have, what has your experience been as far as prices go compared to booking through an airline or travel sites?

While looking for flights and comparing prices, I noticed that the flight I was looking at had over $170 worth of taxes and fees for two travelers. Now, I don't know what all fees they are including since I've never used them, but over $170 for taxes and fees seems outrageous to me when I can book with say Delta and pay $89 worth of taxes and fess for two people.

Seems to me there is a hidden catch somewhere..
    Last edited by define; 06-14-2008 at 01:05 PM. Reason: wrong number of people
  2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!

I just did a search for plane tickets from here to San Diego. Each ticket is $346.96 with a total of 2 tickets, how does it equal $876.00?!? $182.06 for Taxes & Fees..hmmmmmmmmmmm maybe PROFITTING from the military and gouging should be listed too.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I use those travel sites and then go to the website and see if I can get it straight from them. I avoid as many of those fees as possible.

Good luck!
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by define View Post
    While looking for flights and comparing prices, I noticed that the flight I was looking at had over $170 worth of taxes and fees for two travelers. Now, I don't know what all fees they are including since I've never used them, but over $170 for taxes and fees seems outrageous to me when I can book with say Delta and pay $89 worth of taxes and fess for one person.

Seems to me there is a hidden catch somewhere..

Maybe my addition is off, but $170 in taxes and fees for two people is less than $89 x 2 through Delta.

As for militarytogo.com, their fares are a steal when you need last minute flights. I was able to fly roundtrip on less than 24 hours notice for a funeral for around 200 which was about 800 less than anybody else was offering. As with everything else, sometimes it's a better deal and sometimes it's not. However, I wouldn't say they're out to price gouge the military.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaR View Post
    Maybe my addition is off, but $170 in taxes and fees for two people is less than $89 x 2 through Delta.

As for militarytogo.com, their fares are a steal when you need last minute flights. I was able to fly roundtrip on less than 24 hours notice for a funeral for around 200 which was about 800 less than anybody else was offering. As with everything else, sometimes it's a better deal and sometimes it's not. However, I wouldn't say they're out to price gouge the military.
    My bad. It should of said two people because its $44.50 per person.