Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Scoliosis Treatment??

1. My Airman is kind of a big deal!
    My Airman is kind of a big deal!

Help Scoliosis Treatment??

Advertisements
    I was wondering if anyone knew of any alternative care to scoliosis, since chiropractors aren't something tricare does, at least as far as I understand.
    My back pain is getting to the point of being unbareable, I can hardly pick up my 2 y/o anymore. I'm in constant pain and getting migraines about twice a week now. I just can't take it anymore. I just don't want to waste time going up to the clinic just to be told there's nothing they can do for me.
  2. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Find out if there is a DO doc on staff at your clinic or if you can go offbase to see one. They are taught how to do manipulations in medical school. My doc is one and he has been a gift to me with his knowledge of osteopathic medicine.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  3. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Just thought I should clear this up a bit. There are two types of doctors, DO and MD. They both take exactly the same courses in medical school, but the DO's have to learn osteopathic manipulation and learn about treating the patient as a whole.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  4. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    Have you tried physical therapy? I'm doing it now for my back pain, and it helps some. Doesn't make it completely go away, but it does make a major difference. How bad is it, if you don't mind me asking?

5. My Airman is kind of a big deal!
    Quote Originally Posted by msemmaleahx3 View Post
    How bad is it, if you don't mind me asking?
    I honestly don't know anymore. In middle school I was only 10 degrees off. (I think that's how they meaure it) But since my pregnancy I can tell it's gotten much worse, my ribs stick out a lot on my left side, I don't even have to suck in anymore and you can see it.
  6. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    I honestly don't know anymore. In middle school I was only 10 degrees off. (I think that's how they meaure it) But since my pregnancy I can tell it's gotten much worse, my ribs stick out a lot on my left side, I don't even have to suck in anymore and you can see it.
    Yeah that about what mine was before, and since being pregnant, it's gotten worse. My hips don't line up, settling my whole right side off, it sucks. Sorry I don't have any "real" advice for you, other than maybe going to PT, it might help.

7. (i carry it in my heart)
    (i carry it in my heart)
    Have you looked into the costs of chiropractic treatment at all? I was having so much pain I just decided it was worth paying for... mine only charges $35 per visit, and it is definitely worth it, if you're having a hard time functioning because of pain. I hope you feel better soon!
    Oh, hey. I'm back!
  8. Senior Member
    If you see an orthopaedic surgeon and tell him that chirpractic works for you he can get it covered by tricare. That's what my orthopaedist told me when I asked how he could get me covered for reiki and chiro. You just have to pay out of pocket once and tell him that it was successful in treating your pain.
    Needs work.
  9. My Airman is kind of a big deal!
    Thanks ladies, it sounds like there's hope!!