Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Any new info?

1. Dorothy.....We're still in Kansas!
    Dorothy.....We're still in Kansas!

Any new info?

Advertisements
    on the no pay for army after june 15th? I know a few said it's pretty much bs and they say it every year, but I was just wondering if anyone's got any updates. tia

2. Dorothy.....We're still in Kansas!
    Dorothy.....We're still in Kansas!

3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    My guess if there wasn't going to be pay then your LES wouldn't show up. And there would be massive news reports about it.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

4. Senior Member
    They've reprogrammed money from the Navy and Air Force to ensure the Army is paid. However, if the GWOT funding is not approved, all branches are projected to be out of money by the end of July.

Congressional Action Frees Up Funds for Military Pay, Operations By Gerry J. Gilmore American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, June 11, 2008 – The Defense Department will now be able to pay its troops and civilians through the end of next month, thanks to budgetary-related actions approved by Congress, a senior Pentagon spokesman told reporters here today.
    “We will now be able to pay our troops until the end of July,” Pentagon Press Secretary Geoff Morrell told reporters.

In addition, operations-and-maintenance accounts will now remain solvent until mid-July, he said.

The Pentagon received permission from Congress to move money from Air Force and Navy personnel accounts to Army personnel accounts “so that we would be able to pay our soldiers longer,” Morrell said. Other monies, he noted, were transferred to provide pay for defense civilians.

Morrell emphasized that the Defense Department still requires the $102 billion contained in the supplemental funding bill that’s now being debated on Capitol Hill.

“We still face a very grave situation if we don’t get the remainder of our supplemental funding,” Morrell pointed out.

Deputy Defense Secretary Gordon England sent a memorandum to all departments earlier this week, asking them for contingency planning for a possible shutdown in case the money doesn’t come through, Morrell said.

Meanwhile, “we’ll be able to do everything we now do until mid-July; we’ll be able to pay all our men and women in uniform, as we now do, until the end of July,” Morrell said.

The department won’t know until June 30 what kinds of additional measures it may have to take if the supplemental funding isn’t passed by then, Morrell said.

Yet, senior defense officials remain confident and hopeful, Morrell said, that Congress will pass the supplemental funds so the department can continue its operations.
  5. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!

"Excuse me Congresspeople, would you please tell me where I am supposed to get grocery money? Oh and bills to? Are you gonna make sure none of my late bills get reported to the credit bureau as well?"

Can we withhold their nice fat paychecks too?
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaR View Post
    They've reprogrammed money from the Navy and Air Force to ensure the Army is paid. However, if the GWOT funding is not approved, all branches are projected to be out of money by the end of July.

Congressional Action Frees Up Funds for Military Pay, Operations By Gerry J. Gilmore American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, June 11, 2008 – The Defense Department will now be able to pay its troops and civilians through the end of next month, thanks to budgetary-related actions approved by Congress, a senior Pentagon spokesman told reporters here today.
    “We will now be able to pay our troops until the end of July,” Pentagon Press Secretary Geoff Morrell told reporters.

In addition, operations-and-maintenance accounts will now remain solvent until mid-July, he said.

The Pentagon received permission from Congress to move money from Air Force and Navy personnel accounts to Army personnel accounts “so that we would be able to pay our soldiers longer,” Morrell said. Other monies, he noted, were transferred to provide pay for defense civilians.

Morrell emphasized that the Defense Department still requires the $102 billion contained in the supplemental funding bill that’s now being debated on Capitol Hill.

“We still face a very grave situation if we don’t get the remainder of our supplemental funding,” Morrell pointed out.

Deputy Defense Secretary Gordon England sent a memorandum to all departments earlier this week, asking them for contingency planning for a possible shutdown in case the money doesn’t come through, Morrell said.

Meanwhile, “we’ll be able to do everything we now do until mid-July; we’ll be able to pay all our men and women in uniform, as we now do, until the end of July,” Morrell said.

The department won’t know until June 30 what kinds of additional measures it may have to take if the supplemental funding isn’t passed by then, Morrell said.

Yet, senior defense officials remain confident and hopeful, Morrell said, that Congress will pass the supplemental funds so the department can continue its operations.
    Good grief How incredibly SAD is that! So much for the "security" that people love about the military so much
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Quote Originally Posted by PeppermintRei View Post

"Excuse me Congresspeople, would you please tell me where I am supposed to get grocery money? Oh and bills to? Are you gonna make sure none of my late bills get reported to the credit bureau as well?"

Can we withhold their nice fat paychecks too?
    true
  8. Senior Member
    My personal opinion is that it's just a political ploy to call someone's bluff. I really wouldn't stress too much about not getting paid.