Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Living with my marine

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Question Living with my marine

Advertisements
    Ok, so after boot camp.. the plan is for us to get married, not the ceremony that will come later but just papers so that i can go with him unless he gets deployed to somewhere i can't go. Now, if we are married and i can go with him, does the marines pay for living expenses? On or off base? He thinks that we will have to find a place off base, so i'm just wondering. I hate not knowing what will become of my future. Definatley not the way i saw my life but i love him and will do anything to be with him.
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    If you can not live in housing the Military provides BAH which is supposed to help cover rent and the like of living out in town. http://perdiem.hqda.pentagon.mil/perdiem/bah.html that is the BAH calculator which when/if you find out your duty station you can input the zip code to see how much BAH is for that area. congrats

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. On my own agin.
    On my own agin.
    Blog Entries

Ok hi im pretty shure he has to go to his MOS school alone. so you won't be able to live with him till after that.. Now its cheaper to live on base. if you live off base he will get a certain houseing alotment if it doesn't cover the rent you have to pay the rest.. now im not shure how it works. I can't rember if its two years he has to be in, or he has to get to a Certain Rank before he can move off base. I was with a Marine a long time ago so i know some about them lol
    Clickem so they Hatch.
  4. Senior Member
    You probably won't be able to live with him while he's in MOS school, but after that you can go with him. You'll get BAH and pay for food (I think it's about $270 a month). He doesn't have to be of a certain rank to live off base if you are married.
  5. Loving My Life As A Mom And Wife
    Loving My Life As A Mom And Wife
    Blog Entries
    Everyone already wrote what I was gonna say so I just wanted to add: GOOD LUCK!!!
    Since my Gastric Bypass Surgery June 1 2009

Day of Surgery

6. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treysgirl View Post
    You probably won't be able to live with him while he's in MOS school, but after that you can go with him. You'll get BAH and pay for food (I think it's about $270 a month). He doesn't have to be of a certain rank to live off base if you are married.
    BAS is 297 now. lol
    but while he is in school you won't be getting that.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

7. On my own agin.
    On my own agin.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Treysgirl View Post

Im sorry i though you did, my mistake... my how things have changed. or maybe it was b/c my ex was stationed in Hawaii. who knows but im really really sorry i made that mistake.
    Clickem so they Hatch.