Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: divorce , adultry, tricare, bah

1. foreverwaiting

divorce , adultry, tricare, bah

Advertisements
    sum quick history my ex husband is inthe navy we spilt do to his adultry feb 14th of 2006.... he continues to collect all bah while i was no longer with him... a year later she got pregnant....his daughter was born aug 7th last year i signed the divorce papers aug 14th...

ok so he wants to finalize it ... ill loose my insurence and am pregnant (possibly by him) he doesnt care... hes claiming they are going after him for bah fraud? ( i think it has more to do with his g/f dumping him then nething else) i told him i can prove to the navy we had been together several times since feb 06, and he said not to that they would get him for adultry.... so i sent him an email telling him im going to a lawyer for advice after im realsed from the hospital...(high risk pregnancy and not doing well... n he doesnt care) well he flipped n said hes going to make sure i get f*cked in thelong run for doing this to him and telling a lawyer everything... what exactly can he do to me at this point?? and what can i do?... we are almost divorced papers have been signed and he has topay sum fee and i have to sign one more thing n its over... all i wanted from him is to keep the insurence till the last month of my pregnancy... so i could get the specail meds i need that medicare wont cover.. this way that baby isnt at risk... n his response was "why should i pay for a baby that might not be mine"
  2. Banned
    Banned
    he is screwed-- one according to law that baby is his if it was concieved while you were still legally married-

regardles of state this is FACT-

if he wants to prove the baby is not his he will have to pay to have a DNA test and then it still may not matter-

as for going to your attorney hon you should have been there all along-
    do not sign any more papers until you get to the lawyers office-

you will lose medical the day the divorce is final- there is nothing anyone can do about it- the only good thing is the HIPPA law.

I do not know when your due- but I would go ahead a draw out the divorce until the baby comes- then the baby will be covered as a dependant as long as your soon to be ex is military.

you have to take care of you and the baby-- there is nothing he can do to you.
  3. Senior Member
    I would rip up the divorce papers and have new ones drawn up saying he is required to pay for your medical for x amount of time.
    Needs work.
  4. Yup... you STILL suck!
    Yup... you STILL suck!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FTCWifey View Post
    I would rip up the divorce papers and have new ones drawn up saying he is required to pay for your medical for x amount of time.

The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity. ~André Gide
  5. Senior Member
    talk to a lawyer, get a dna test to show if it's his or not. if it is, he's responsible. if not, than it's not, and even though he was a jerk about how he said it to you, I agree. he shouldn't have to take care of, be responsible for a baby that isn't is. better to be safe than sorry, talk to the lawyer, get the dna test, weigh your options, go forward.

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  6. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

Devil's advocate here; what if the baby isn't his? Why should the military's insurance pay?

If you deliver while married the baby will be born with his name/thus being his child.......NOW custody issues/child support/DNA will be a part of the divorce.

May I ask why would you have unprotected sex with someone you are wanting to divorce? Sounds as if you weren't ready to give up that relationship...counseling might be in order.
  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverwaiting View Post
    sum quick history my ex husband is inthe navy we spilt do to his adultry feb 14th of 2006.... he continues to collect all bah while i was no longer with him... a year later she got pregnant....his daughter was born aug 7th last year i signed the divorce papers aug 14th...

ok so he wants to finalize it ... ill loose my insurence and am pregnant (possibly by him) he doesnt care... hes claiming they are going after him for bah fraud? ( i think it has more to do with his g/f dumping him then nething else) i told him i can prove to the navy we had been together several times since feb 06, and he said not to that they would get him for adultry.... so i sent him an email telling him im going to a lawyer for advice after im realsed from the hospital...(high risk pregnancy and not doing well... n he doesnt care) well he flipped n said hes going to make sure i get f*cked in thelong run for doing this to him and telling a lawyer everything... what exactly can he do to me at this point?? and what can i do?... we are almost divorced papers have been signed and he has topay sum fee and i have to sign one more thing n its over... all i wanted from him is to keep the insurence till the last month of my pregnancy... so i could get the specail meds i need that medicare wont cover.. this way that baby isnt at risk... n his response was "why should i pay for a baby that might not be mine"
    Wow!! What a MESS!!!!!
    Since you signed those divorce papers last year, what would've happened if you two were already divorced, while you were pregnant?!?

See about getting state aid for yourself....
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    Devil's advocate here; what if the baby isn't his? Why should the military's insurance pay?

If you deliver while married the baby will be born with his name/thus being his child.......NOW custody issues/child support/DNA will be a part of the divorce.

May I ask why would you have unprotected sex with someone you are wanting to divorce? Sounds as if you weren't ready to give up that relationship...counseling might be in order.
    Note that the baby could "possibly" be his. Seems like there's quite a spell of adultery going on here.
  9. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Note that the baby could "possibly" be his. Seems like there's quite a spell of adultery going on here.

Yep....on both sides...
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast