Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Dependent Benefits Help

1. ProudArmySO

Question Dependent Benefits Help

Advertisements
    OKay...I'll try to make this question as unconfusing as possible

So me &&Db have a son on the way...sept. 14th. &&my health insurance is only fer me (i'm still on my moms until me &&Db tie the knot) so my maternity care is taken care of, but once he needs his pediatric care, he's not covered. but since he is Db's son, his benefits will spill over to him...right?
    i'm just confused &&idk how to make my question make sense, lol. he says that i can have our son at the naval hospital since i am carrying his dependent and that at the naval hospital they do bedside DEERS registration. or else, he'd have to go back to his post at Fr. Drum (NY) with our son's birth certificate &&do it there...but that doesn't help me because how can our son get to go to his first dr appt? i'm just confused .

if anyone understand what i'm trying to say (lol) i'd appreciate it!
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    You won't be allowed to have him at the Naval hospital without paying YOU are not a dependent so you aren't covered. Once he is born your DB will have to enroll your son in DEERS and then he will be covered under tricare. Also the hospital won't do DEERS registration period. that is the AD members job to.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. ProudArmySO
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    You won't be allowed to have him at the Naval hospital without paying YOU are not a dependent so you aren't covered. Once he is born your DB will have to enroll your son in DEERS and then he will be covered under tricare. Also the hospital won't do DEERS registration period. that is the AD members job to.
    thank you. i told him that, but "i'm never right" so i just said okay, whatever you say. i feel much better not being so confused!
  4. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudArmySO View Post
    thank you. i told him that, but "i'm never right" so i just said okay, whatever you say. i feel much better not being so confused!
    I should add that after he is enrolled in DEERS he will need to be enrolled in Tricare separately. enrollment in DEERS doesn't enroll him in tricare automatically ( sorry should have cleared that up.) again all this will have to be done by your DB until you get married since he is the AD member.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

5. ProudArmySO
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    I should add that after he is enrolled in DEERS he will need to be enrolled in Tricare separately. enrollment in DEERS doesn't enroll him in tricare automatically ( sorry should have cleared that up.) again all this will have to be done by your DB until you get married since he is the AD member.
    thanks again, i really appreciate it. people think i'm weird &&worry too much because i'm worried about the health care of our unborn...i'm just thinking realistically!
  6. Senior Member
    Your child will be covered under Tricare for 60 days after his birth, even if you and DB aren't married. As soon as possible your DB will need to enroll your baby in Tricare.