Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Dependent Benefits Help

  1. ProudArmySO
    Guest
    ProudArmySO's Avatar
    Guest
    #1

    Question Dependent Benefits Help

    Advertisements
    OKay...I'll try to make this question as unconfusing as possible

    So me &&Db have a son on the way...sept. 14th. &&my health insurance is only fer me (i'm still on my moms until me &&Db tie the knot) so my maternity care is taken care of, but once he needs his pediatric care, he's not covered. but since he is Db's son, his benefits will spill over to him...right?
    i'm just confused &&idk how to make my question make sense, lol. he says that i can have our son at the naval hospital since i am carrying his dependent and that at the naval hospital they do bedside DEERS registration. or else, he'd have to go back to his post at Fr. Drum (NY) with our son's birth certificate &&do it there...but that doesn't help me because how can our son get to go to his first dr appt? i'm just confused .

    if anyone understand what i'm trying to say (lol) i'd appreciate it!
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    rosebud*'s Avatar
    rosebud* is offline
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    [communist china]
    Posts
    32,703
    #2
    You won't be allowed to have him at the Naval hospital without paying YOU are not a dependent so you aren't covered. Once he is born your DB will have to enroll your son in DEERS and then he will be covered under tricare. Also the hospital won't do DEERS registration period. that is the AD members job to.


    I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

  3. ProudArmySO
    Guest
    ProudArmySO's Avatar
    Guest
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    You won't be allowed to have him at the Naval hospital without paying YOU are not a dependent so you aren't covered. Once he is born your DB will have to enroll your son in DEERS and then he will be covered under tricare. Also the hospital won't do DEERS registration period. that is the AD members job to.
    thank you. i told him that, but "i'm never right" so i just said okay, whatever you say. i feel much better not being so confused!
  4. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    rosebud*'s Avatar
    rosebud* is offline
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    [communist china]
    Posts
    32,703
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudArmySO View Post
    thank you. i told him that, but "i'm never right" so i just said okay, whatever you say. i feel much better not being so confused!
    I should add that after he is enrolled in DEERS he will need to be enrolled in Tricare separately. enrollment in DEERS doesn't enroll him in tricare automatically ( sorry should have cleared that up.) again all this will have to be done by your DB until you get married since he is the AD member.


    I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

  5. ProudArmySO
    Guest
    ProudArmySO's Avatar
    Guest
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    I should add that after he is enrolled in DEERS he will need to be enrolled in Tricare separately. enrollment in DEERS doesn't enroll him in tricare automatically ( sorry should have cleared that up.) again all this will have to be done by your DB until you get married since he is the AD member.
    thanks again, i really appreciate it. people think i'm weird &&worry too much because i'm worried about the health care of our unborn...i'm just thinking realistically!
  6. Senior Member
    Treysgirl's Avatar
    Treysgirl is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,501
    #6
    Your child will be covered under Tricare for 60 days after his birth, even if you and DB aren't married. As soon as possible your DB will need to enroll your baby in Tricare.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •