Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Army Pay

1. Senior Member

Army Pay

Advertisements
    Hello. My family is new to this Army life...my husband is currently going through basic.
    I have a question about the pay and housing allowance. We recieved our first deposit on May 1st and my husband said that he thought he would be getting paid just once a month. But before he shipped to basic we had been told he gets paid on the 1st & 15th of each month. I checked our online bank info and sure enough today there was a deposit! I actually have no idea how much my husband's base pay is..... I did however look up online how much we should get for housing in our area and it is $746.....well his pay deposit was $986, so is that half of the hosuing allowance and half his base pay for the month? I'm thinking this is probably what it is. I would just really like to know exactly how much money to expect each month.

Thanks!

"I love you more than I can say, I can't even fathom the words" - DH
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina628 View Post
    Hello. My family is new to this Army life...my husband is currently going through basic.
    I have a question about the pay and housing allowance. We recieved our first deposit on May 1st and my husband said that he thought he would be getting paid just once a month. But before he shipped to basic we had been told he gets paid on the 1st & 15th of each month. I checked our online bank info and sure enough today there was a deposit! I actually have no idea how much my husband's base pay is..... I did however look up online how much we should get for housing in our area and it is $746.....well his pay deposit was $986, so is that half of the hosuing allowance and half his base pay for the month? I'm thinking this is probably what it is. I would just really like to know exactly how much money to expect each month.

Thanks!

Yes they do get paid on the 1st and 15th of every month. And They usually split things in half.

Goodluck with everything, and welcome to SOS.

3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    in a nutshell yes. They take all his pay for the month deduct his deductions then split what is left in half and that is what you get on the 1st and 15th. hth

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

4. Regular Member
    yeah what they said! Welcome to the military and SOS

Be the Change you wish to see in the world!
  5. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    what they said, lol. It might take a month or two for things to be all straightened out and things. Good luck!
  6. susiusa
    you can change the pay to once a month....we never got the twice a month , allways the once a month. I just think it's easier that way.
  7. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    here's a military pay estimator that might help you get an idea of how much you'll be getting.

http://old.cinchouse.com/MilitaryPayEstimator/index.htm

You're entitled to Base pay, BAH & Family Sep Pay...

8. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by susiusa View Post
    you can change the pay to once a month....we never got the twice a month , allways the once a month. I just think it's easier that way.
    they are phasing that out soon. ( i can't recall if it is this year or next year, but that won't be an option anymore.)

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

9. Senior Member

yes, they split your BAH up in half and give you half on the 1st and half on the 15th. you can get it advanced for special reasons though...if needbe. just talk to the finance office.
  10. red sand
    i was wondering the same thing how does pay work ...thank you for the link ..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast