Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should know this but I dont! MILITARY HOUSING??

1. Senior Member

Duh Should know this but I dont! MILITARY HOUSING??

Advertisements
    I know I should really know this answer but I really dont have a clue. My guess is NO! But I am going to jsut ask anyways. Forgive my lack of military understanding I am still learning!

Can you live with your SO on base with out being married if they already live in family housing or NOT?

I think no I would say you have to be married but I am still kinda lost! ANY HELP would be great!
  2. bellaxcole
    how did he get family housing to start with? and what branch is he in? im only familiar withthe marines living conditionsss
  3. Senior Member
    He is a marine and has his kids with him ALL the time
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    As far as I know, he can have someone live with him for UP to 30 days without them being a dependant. He'd have to get permission from housing though. 'Course, I've been wrong before, lol.

And you don't have to apologize for learning!

When are you getting married? Also, has he looked into the option of "hiring" you as a live in nanny?
  5. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    No... if it's specifically run by the military he could be booted out of housing for having you LIVE full time there with him, while not married. I take it he has a child that lives with him? That would be the only way I'd think that he'd have housing without being married first.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldierslove08 View Post
    I know I should really know this answer but I really dont have a clue. My guess is NO! But I am going to jsut ask anyways. Forgive my lack of military understanding I am still learning!

Can you live with your SO on base with out being married if they already live in family housing or NOT?

I think no I would say you have to be married but I am still kinda lost! ANY HELP would be great!

As far as on base housing goes, It's not likely that you will be able to live on base. Lack of military ID card, and window tag would make it very hard. I know that the army will not allow you to live together if you are unmarried. And for him to be in base housing he'd have to be e5 or above... The best bet would be to either get married, or he can apply to get Off-base housing (depending on his rank)

Again, this is to the best of my knowledge, if any of you other ladies know more...
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaMc424 View Post
    No... if it's specifically run by the military he could be booted out of housing for having you LIVE full time there with him, while not married. I take it he has a child that lives with him? That would be the only way I'd think that he'd have housing without being married first.
    In the Air Force E-5's or higher can live on base alone, so could it be a rank thing? It does sound like he has custody, though.
  8. Senior Member
    i dont know my exdb has family housing with a roomate and his gf was going to move in but they broke up last week...its because theres not enough people on the base to fill housing i guess... she was on the lease and everything so it depends but sounds like your situation is different...

9. bellaxcole
    hahah live in nanny would be kinda kinky. i was told that i will NOT be able to live with him unless we are married.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by bellaxcole View Post
    hahah live in nanny would be kinda kinky. i was told that i will NOT be able to live with him unless we are married.
    Well, if he moves downtown, he's not going to get a dependant rate BAH, either. And the minute you get married (or maybe even a month beforehand - like I said at least in the Air Force you can have a roommate for up to 30 days. DH's sister almost had to move in for awhile.) you can move in, so unless he WANTS to live downtown, I think it would be kind of a stupid move to give up his house, to sign a lease he probably can't break when a NEW house opens up on base for the two of you, you know?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast