Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: tricare question

1. Give me my coffee and no one gets hurt
    Give me my coffee and no one gets hurt

tricare question

Advertisements
    okay, so i registered meagan for kindergarten yesterday and they said they have a nurse at the school that can diagnose, write prescriptions, etc (in addition to the regular school nurse). if we have insurance it will be billed to them (if not, it's free).

has anyone else had kids in a school with that service? if you have (and have utilized it), has tricare paid? i just have a feeling that they'd balk at paying since it's not one of their approved providers, there's no referral, whatever.

i tried to look it up online, but i couldn't wade through half their mumbo jumbo lol. i'm not worried about the prescription aspect since they always cover my BC pills from a civilian ob/gyn and i get them at the grocery store, but i don't know about the actual services the nurse performs. TIA!
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I would first ask the school if they are on the tricare approval list. Second call tricare and explain the situation to see what they say. Some how I would think that tricare wouldn't approve it because of the situations you mentioned.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

Banned
    Wow...SWEET school!

Good luck with THAT fact finding mission.
  4. Give me my coffee and no one gets hurt
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    I would first ask the school if they are on the tricare approval list. Second call tricare and explain the situation to see what they say. Some how I would think that tricare wouldn't approve it because of the situations you mentioned.
    i really doubt tricare would cover it. i could see MAYBE if it was the school district for the town the base was in, but we're the next town over. i'm going to try to call the tricare office on monday to see if they know. i don't really anticipate her needing the services, but if she DOES i don't want to get stuck with some crazy bill.

Quote Originally Posted by browneyedbeauty View Post
    Wow...SWEET school!

Good luck with THAT fact finding mission.
    yeah, i guess our town and the next one over (where the base is) offer services like this. their reasoning is they don't want kids to have to be taken out of school for minor stuff, etc. also, in my town i think it's great that it's free if you don't have insurance because there are a lot of different income levels here. this way, if a kid doesn't have insurance, they can still get medical care.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taraw226 View Post
    yeah, i guess our town and the next one over (where the base is) offer services like this. their reasoning is they don't want kids to have to be taken out of school for minor stuff, etc. also, in my town i think it's great that it's free if you don't have insurance because there are a lot of different income levels here. this way, if a kid doesn't have insurance, they can still get medical care.

If Groton does this, I've been out of the loop all these years Kyle's been in school, lol. I never heard of this until you mentioned it.
    Tara
  6. Give me my coffee and no one gets hurt
    Quote Originally Posted by breechum View Post
    If Groton does this, I've been out of the loop all these years Kyle's been in school, lol. I never heard of this until you mentioned it.
    huh, pattie said she got information on basically the same thing when she registered madison last week. maybe it's just the specific school she'll be going to? or maybe it's new since they did all that redistricting and junk? i dunno lol.
  7. Senior Member
    either, lol. Like I said, I could just be out of the loop but I didn't see anything in the handbook or anything either. I believe there is some insurance that you can sign up for(they give us a form in the beginning of the school year) but I never signed up for it since we have insurance. I'm thinking it isn't the same thing though as Meagan's school.

Ok, I just looked at Pattie's daughter's school handbook and it has the info about it in there so maybe it is a thing specific to each school.
    Tara