Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being Married.

1. Mom to Rebekah
    Mom to Rebekah

Being Married.

Advertisements
    Now it is getting crunch time for my wedding and I have not really been able to ask DF anything since he has been gone I had a few questions about marrying into the military. What kind of insurance will I be able to get (I mean like medical?) Is there anything else I need to know about being married in? I am sorry for all these questions but I was just wondering if you ladies could help me. Thanks bunches.
    Maggie.
    Mom to Rebekah
    Tree hugging, peace loving, hippie.
    I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church.
    For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.
    Khalil Gibran
  2. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    is he Active Duty?
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  3. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    If he is AD you'll have tricare--there are a couple options--one is Tricare prime--and all care is free but MUST be done at an MTF (military treatment facility) the other main one is tricare standard -- I believe it's an 80/20 split (you pay the 20% co pays) You will be eligeable for dental although you have to pay for that--it's like $12 a month. Once you're married you need to have your info entered into DEERS, you'll need your birth certificate, Social Security card and a certified copy of your marriage license. You'll need to go to the tricare office for signing up for that and dental is online but they have the info at the tricare office. You'll need to go to finance to fill out BAH paperwork, and JAG to get POA's. You'll also need to have him update his SGLI and death benefit info.

As far as the rest--paitence...and independence.

Goo Luck

Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  4. Mom to Rebekah
    Mom to Rebekah
    Yeah he is active duty
    Mom to Rebekah
    Tree hugging, peace loving, hippie.
    I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church.
    For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.
    Khalil Gibran
    TK
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppermintRei View Post
    If he is AD you'll have tricare--there are a couple options--one is Tricare prime--and all care is free but MUST be done at an MTF (military treatment facility) the other main one is tricare standard -- I believe it's an 80/20 split (you pay the 20% co pays) You will be eligeable for dental although you have to pay for that--it's like $12 a month. Once you're married you need to have your info entered into DEERS, you'll need your birth certificate, Social Security card and a certified copy of your marriage license. You'll need to go to the tricare office for signing up for that and dental is online but they have the info at the tricare office. You'll need to go to finance to fill out BAH paperwork, and JAG to get POA's. You'll also need to have him update his SGLI and death benefit info.

Goo Luck

Not necessarily true. We are on Prime and go to a civillian doc w/no co-pay. It depends on your distance from the nearest MTF and if they're filled to capacity.
  6. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Quote Originally Posted by peatys girl View Post
    Not necessarily true. We are on Prime and go to a civillian doc w/no co-pay. It depends on your distance from the nearest MTF and if they're filled to capacity.
    Actually--that's technically TPR -- Tricare Prime Remote -- only if you live a certain distance from the MTF. But yea--it's similar to prime, but covers less procedures because it's a civilian dr.

7. Senior Member
    yep, basically you get enrolled in DEERS (military copmuter system)
    you get you military dep. ID (let's you get on base)
    you get your Tricare Enrollment (they will tell you all the options in the office)
    your good to go.
    Good Luck
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppermintRei View Post

Goo Luck
    Hmm. I didn't use any of that to enroll in DEERS. Maybe the marriage license, but that's it.
  9. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by peatys girl View Post

For my ophthalmology care, I see a civilian practice. For my son's speech therapy, it's provided through a civilian company. You can get referrals from the MTF to see civilians.

For dental, you'd need to sign up with UCCI after you're entered onto the Page 2 information.
  10. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by tealeaves View Post
    Hmm. I didn't use any of that to enroll in DEERS. Maybe the marriage license, but that's it.

You don't need a birth certificate! I haven't seen mine in YEARS....
    Maybe some places require it, but it was never required for me at the Pearl Harbor PSD office.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast