Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do I NEED a military ID?

1. Member
    Blog Entries

Do I NEED a military ID?

Advertisements
    DH is in the Reserves and I am an hour and a half away from the closest base. Would there be a reason that I might need an ID while he is deployed? How do I even get one? DH sent me a DEERS enrollment form that he said I could use to get an ID but I have no clue what to do with it. Plus the form will expire soon.
  2. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96
    www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl/ This is rapids locator to find where you can go for your id card near you. I would get one, you will never know if you will need it. So it wouldnt hurt to get it.
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    If you are getting Tricare you will need the ID.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    hurry up and get that form filed with deers. you do need an id even though you are not on a base. you have to have it to show any doctor you go to...it is basically your insurance card as well. so please do not let that form expire....you will be sorry if you don't get that ID card. I hope this helps you!
  5. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Heaven forbid--but if something happens to him and you need to get to a MTF (military treatment facility) you're gonna need it!
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'd definitely get it, so you can get on-post without problem if something were to happen or you needed to take of something while he was gone.
  7. Member
    Blog Entries
    I don't have Tricare.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Short answer, yes - better to have something you don't end up needing than to find yourself in the position of needing it and not have it. Use the RAPIDS locator - ID offices are not just on AD bases and you may find a location closer than you expect.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    While he is deployed for more than 6 months he is considered active duty your military ID gets you, not only base privilages but also enrolls you in DEERS for Tricare also aside from military stuff you can use your ID and his orders to take advantage of local business promotions or discounts. Also if anything were to happen to your dh while he is over there it will take you alot longer to get anything done without it because you will need it to get on bases and to access anything military. You need to not look at him right now while he is deployed as he is a reservist you need to look at him as he is Active Duty, if you were an Active Duty spouses you would carry an ID around and make sure it NEVER expired. You said you don't have Tricare, while he is deployed you are entiltled to it so you might want to look into it if your intrested in it. Right now my dh is in the reserves aswell he left AD a year ago so all this info i got from him..if you have any questions please feel free to ask
  10. Banned
    Banned
    I still don't have my ID and I haven't had a problem. It's been over a year since he joined too.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast