Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!!!

1. Senior Member

HELP!!!!

Advertisements
    The Army issued my husband a government creditcard. This card is supposed to pay for his hotels, car rentals, etc while he's overseas or in classes. We aren't supposed to ever see this bill. What is supposed to happen is that it comes out of the money he's allotted for the trip and we get the remainder of the allotted money sent to our bank account.
    Well, when he went on his last thingy he was gone for over a month, so he racked up $1300 on this card, mostly for his hotel. And the credit card company went into our bank account and took it out, then they gave it back, then they took it out again, then they gave it back, then they took it out again! So now we're out $1300, finance is supposedly taking care of it, but that's more than one pay check and now we can't pay our bills!!!
    I don't want to take out a loan and pay interest (that you know the army won't reimburse us), so what can we do? I'm really upset about this.
    On top of it, they still haven't give us the money they owe us from the trip (family separation and the remainder of his allotted money).
  2. Banned
    Banned
    AER loan, you should be able to apply at the finance office, at least I think. Someone here will know though. That really sucks!
  3. Senior Member

The only thing you could do is keep talking with Finance...

Although, a trick to get them to put a high priority on fixing it is to ask them "Would it help if I contacted a congressman regarding this?" Offer it as a genuine suggestion of something that might actually help the process along, but be aware that it will put the Fear of Congress in them.
    /* no comment */
  4. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I agree AER would be the best route, no interest and finance can pay it back if needed. How did the CC know to go into your account??

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    I agree AER would be the best route, no interest and finance can pay it back if needed. How did the CC know to go into your account??
    My husband has a gov't card also, and the assholes (BofA, surprise) took out the balance from ours too. Apparently the army made them put their bank acct on there when they applied. We got reimbursed by the army, after 4 months. Luckily it didn't set us back since we had just gotten his enlistment bonus.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghedi View Post
    The only thing you could do is keep talking with Finance...

Although, a trick to get them to put a high priority on fixing it is to ask them "Would it help if I contacted a congressman regarding this?" Offer it as a genuine suggestion of something that might actually help the process along, but be aware that it will put the Fear of Congress in them.
    Sadly that would actually work faster than the AER loan I think.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    It makes me so angry! I hate that they have access to it. After we get it back I'm calling the bank and telling them not to allow them access to our account again!

Quote Originally Posted by MIKOSWIFEY View Post
    My husband has a gov't card also, and the assholes (BofA, surprise) took out the balance from ours too. Apparently the army made them put their bank acct on there when they applied. We got reimbursed by the army, after 4 months. Luckily it didn't set us back since we had just gotten his enlistment bonus.
    Ours is BoA too! It best not take 4 months! I try to be nice and calm out of respect for Dh when it comes to military matters that piss me off, but if someone goes too far, look out and this is bordering on WAY too far. I think I'll be up there at the end of the month to shake someone up if we don't get it back. I'm so tired of the military not caring about our family.
  8. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerchild View Post
    It makes me so angry! I hate that they have access to it. After we get it back I'm calling the bank and telling them not to allow them access to our account again!

Ours is BoA too! It best not take 4 months! I try to be nice and calm out of respect for Dh when it comes to military matters that piss me off, but if someone goes too far, look out and this is bordering on WAY too far. I think I'll be up there at the end of the month to shake someone up if we don't get it back. I'm so tired of the military not caring about our family.
    yeah all gov't cards are BOA i liked it better when they were American express. actually BOA can't talk with you about his card. I know when we had issues I wasn't able to talk to them about it.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

9. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKOSWIFEY View Post
    AER loan, you should be able to apply at the finance office, at least I think. Someone here will know though. That really sucks!
    AER is at the ACS office -- the paperwork will need to be signed by your H's commander
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Yep, they wouldn't deal with me either. He couldn't deal with it because he is deployed, so we were basically screwed and got to wait for finance to credit us the money. I did tell my bank that if they did it again it was NOT an authorized charge. We'll see how that works next time the bill is due...

If the stupid military would just pay them when that stuff is due, we wouldn't be getting bent over and rammed all the time. That pisses me off more than anything. The bank figures its easier/faster to charge the cardholder than the military, so they do. Grrrrrrr
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast