Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Housing question....

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Confused Housing question....

Advertisements
    Anyone know much about GMH? I don't... and we are trying to find out how this is going to work... so, most of you know my husband's situation and that he's waiting on his MedBoard process to get started up, which is going to take forever. Well, apparently they are moving him into some other barracks that are permanent party barracks. A friend of mine told me that the permanent party barracks on this base are now regulated by GMH and so then that would mean if he lived in them somehow we'd have to get 2 housing allowances. How would that work? I like 9 miles from the base, and I know that you can't get 2 housing allowances if you live withing 100 miles of each other, right? So, how are they going to get away with him living in single soldier quarters and I'm living 9 miles away and it will require 2 housing allowances? Is it even possible? I think their thing is they want him living on post and I live in town. Any ideas or info?
    Katie- Mommy to Kylee 10-30-05 (loving big sister, Ms. independent, intelligent, princess) and Auriana 09-17-08 (miracle baby with down syndrome, heart defects, hearing impairment, digestive problems, tube fed since birth, but determined to succeed, strong, loving, happy)

Ask me about Congenital Heart Defects... 1 in 100, it could be your child...

Ask me about Down Syndrome... more common than you think...

Wife to a Disabled Army Veteran... been there, done that, moving on
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    would they even give us 2 housing allowances?
    Katie- Mommy to Kylee 10-30-05 (loving big sister, Ms. independent, intelligent, princess) and Auriana 09-17-08 (miracle baby with down syndrome, heart defects, hearing impairment, digestive problems, tube fed since birth, but determined to succeed, strong, loving, happy)

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I honestly have not heard of two housing allowances. Hope someone can help.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wife-n-mommy View Post
    would they even give us 2 housing allowances?
    Are you a dual active duty couple?
  5. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    No, you'll get one housing allowance, based on the zipcode that he's stationed in, since you're not dual military.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Are you a dual active duty couple?
    umm... no....
    he has been in AIT for the past year (graduated 3 months ago, but has been waiting to see what they are going to do about his back... he's being discharged eventually)
    if that helps you understand the situation any better

7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaMc424 View Post
    No, you'll get one housing allowance, based on the zipcode that he's stationed in, since you're not dual military.
    that's what I thought, so how can they make him live in single soldier barracks if GMH collects BAH for them and I have to have money to pay my rent? can they do that?

8. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by wife-n-mommy View Post
    that's what I thought, so how can they make him live in single soldier barracks if GMH collects BAH for them and I have to have money to pay my rent? can they do that?
    yes they can make him pay to live in the barracks. it won't be a lot of money, but it will be some.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    yes they can make him pay to live in the barracks. it won't be a lot of money, but it will be some.
    We don't have any money left over as it is. He doesn't want to live in barracks, they are forcing him to! I just don't understand how they can force him to do somethin and then take what little money we have for it

10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    oops... sorry, posted twice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast