Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Mini vacation

1. libbydc

Mini vacation

Advertisements
    I wasn't sure where to post this. Hope this works for you guys.
    Anyway hubby mentioned the other day to be thinking about where we could take a three or four day relaxing family vacation when he returns. I've heard here and there about places that offer discounts and freebies for returning soldiers and their families to vacation, but for the life of me I can't remember even one. We are traveling home from gulf coast MS up to DC when he gets back so stopping somewhere in between would be ideal. Anyone know of anything?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    It's not exactly on the way, but have you thought about Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Watercountry USA, and Colonial Williamsburg? I know that Busch Gardens/Watercountry have discounted passes for military families.
  3. libbydc
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyE'sGirl View Post
    It's not exactly on the way, but have you thought about Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Watercountry USA, and Colonial Williamsburg? I know that Busch Gardens/Watercountry have discounted passes for military families.
    I really was thinking Williamsburg. We have a little boy who will be 7 at the time so that area would be a little somthing for everyone. Busch does a free day for troops and family right? I wonder if Colonial Williamsburg has discounts too?
  4. Senior Member
    Bush Gardens is FREE you can all get in for FREE to any Budwiser owned park (includes Sea World) Williamsburg offers a disount but if you spend the night at one of thier hotel taht discount is better the Air and Space Museum in DC also offers discounts for some of thier special rides
  5. Senior Member
    website for FREE military tickets...
    http://www.herosalute.com/
  6. libbydc
    We don't want to do anything DC. We live there. I've got to google Busch. I think you have to fill out a form and print the coupon or something. A friend was telling me about it....
  7. libbydc
    Quote Originally Posted by amazinggrace View Post
    website for FREE military tickets...
    http://www.herosalute.com/
    Thank you!
  8. Senior Member
    no, problem glad to help...we used the passes last year, it was great...saved a couple hundred dollars worth of tickets...big family