Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Question

Advertisements
    Quick question, but does anyone know what I need to do regarding Riley... We are going on vacation on Tuesday out of the country, and do I need to just write a note saying that my mom can give him medical attention, do I need to call Tricare, does anyone know what I need to do? TIA
  2. Loving My Navy Veteran
    Loving My Navy Veteran
    I'm not sure. I've always just given my MIL my son's Tricare card, that way if she needed to take him in, she'd have his insurance info.
  3. Senior Member
    I would think that by giving the caregiver his insurance card and all your info( address and contact #) that you would be ok. If you wanted you could probally get a temp. POA for them

Have fun on your honeymoon! Take lots of pics!
  4. jennyb
    I would say give her his tricare card and a letter saying she can seek medical att. for him if needed.
  5. RockstarMom
    If possible get a notorized letter saying that your mother has permission to take him to the doctor if he needs to. I had to have a notorized letter for my MIL when she was watching Aiden incase he needed to be seen and that was through a civ. dr. I'd call Tricare to see if they think there is anything else you'd need.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My aunt was telling me about this paper you can get through navy legal, or whoever takes care of the wills when your husband deploys, that states who is in charge of your child/children if anything were to happen to you or your husband, heaven forbid. I know that doesn't pertain just to the medical question, but just an FYI.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleB
    My aunt was telling me about this paper you can get through navy legal, or whoever takes care of the wills when your husband deploys, that states who is in charge of your child/children if anything were to happen to you or your husband, heaven forbid. I know that doesn't pertain just to the medical question, but just an FYI.
    Thanks! I have been meaning to do that too, we just decided on Riley's godparent, and we need to get that in writing too. I think I will head down to Navy Legal tomorrow and get that taken care so Riley is set! (I know his MIL would try to get him, but she is OLD and that's not what I want for him!)

Thanks ladies.. I am gonna do a combo of what you all suggested (and Becky's suggestion) to get a note with my military id and get it notarized. I figure we will have it forever (well as long as the notarization is good) so it will be worth my time. Thanks for the help!
  8. PRETZEL
    PRETZEL
    The paper you need to get from Navy Legal is called a Loco Parentis.

It is notorized and gives the designated person authorization to care for your child and seek medical treatment.

Just so you are aware....you DH will also have to sign....or at least in Hawaii they are required to.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyIrishFamily
    If possible get a notorized letter saying that your mother has permission to take him to the doctor if he needs to. I had to have a notorized letter for my MIL when she was watching Aiden incase he needed to be seen and that was through a civ. dr. I'd call Tricare to see if they think there is anything else you'd need.

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond
    The paper you need to get from Navy Legal is called a Loco Parentis.

It is notorized and gives the designated person authorization to care for your child and seek medical treatment.

Just so you are aware....you DH will also have to sign....or at least in Hawaii they are required to.

Any hospital will require the Loco Parentis. My mum had to take Bradley in while he was there and they refused to let her be with him, have any unput, etc until my step-dad brought over the paper for her. If it's not considered an emergency they can refuse treatment without it.

Ask Me About IH!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast