Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deers

1. Kym

Deers

Advertisements
    Is there a difference between DEERS and Tricare? I was just informed by the STAR card people that my dh's DEERS info expired BUT yet we still have Tricare and he turned in his reenlistment papers back in Jan. ALSO, can I contact DEERS or is this another lovely thing that only he can do?
  2. Jo
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    You can go into the Tricare office and they can log onto Deers and update the information. Now, ours has never expired so I don't know how that is done and if your husband has to do it.
  3. Senior Member
    JOhn had to update his deers but it didn't effect our tricare. It was one of those things only he could do!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Ya, they are different. You can call DEERS yourself; you don't need hubby to do it. I have had to call them several times. Good Luck.
  5. Kym
    Ok thanks

We have NEVER had an issue like this and the NEX Star Card said it was expired info from Deers. I called DEERS and they are only open Monday thru Friday
  6. happygirl0486
    hope it gets fixed soon .
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Did you get a new ID card when he re-enlisted? Because if you didn't get a new ID card your DEERS isn't updated.

Most likely DEERS is going to tell you to do a Form DD1172 or to make sure it was entered correcly at PSD
  8. Kym
    I got a new ID in January. He spent over an hour waiting and everything is fine. It is the Star Card's fault and was told that they are updating their systems and alot of people have been calling and bitching because their accounts have been denied
  9. Breezy
    Kym ours (deers) expired back in 9/01 and we didn't know about it until Feb when we got a bill from an ER in FL. But because it was a mistake on the navys part it was fixed not easily but fixed. It took us until June to get it fixed. only thing with us was they made my dh extend the moment we got to the command 3 years prior, so somebody dropped the ball.
    Good luck with it
  10. Kym
    Thanks Breezy

I told the lady that I pay my bill online and do not receive a paper bill in the mail. I can not pay my bill unless I have access online so as long as it takes them, they are without my money. She said "I understand and I just sent the info to the correct people to fix your account asap". Nice how a credit card like Military Star Card will jump thru hoops for you when you threaten not to send them the money I have been a loyal customer since 1994 and have NEVER been late on my payments and then this happens. All because they are updating their systems and screwing with people in the process. The Star Card gets their info from Deers and that is how they know if you are still in the service and what rank you are. I just can't believe they showed we were unenrolled in Deers but PSD shows everything is fine and we are not disenrolled.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast