Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medical Question

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Medical Question

Advertisements
    So I am having a coughing lung issue thing. I can't breathe when I lay down and my chest burns like crazy. So I need to see a doctor, but I have never used the whole military healthcare thing, and well I don't have a car to get to base anyways.
    So I tried to make an appointment and there aren't any, so I don't know what I should do cause this is really starting to be painful. Any ideas?
  2. kerrybare3
    if you are having shortness of breathe or chest pain that is seen as a medical emergancy by tricare.... you can go to any emergancy room.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrybare3 View Post
    if you are having shortness of breathe or chest pain that is seen as a medical emergancy by tricare.... you can go to any emergancy room.
    I would hate to go to the ER for a bad case of strep throat or bronchitis
  4. Senior Member
    shortness of breath and chest pain is not something to joke about. Go to the ER, they won't laugh at you if it's just strep.
  5. kerrybare3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie View Post
    shortness of breath and chest pain is not something to joke about. Go to the ER, they won't laugh at you if it's just strep.
    I agree. the only reason i told you to go is because... I am an ER nurse. there could be other thing wrong other than bronchitis pnuemonia or strep. we take chest pain seriously....and that is what you are having
  6. Senior Member
    My dad went to the ER for shortness of breath and chest pain. They thought something was wrong with his heart because he's overweight. Thankfully, nothing was wrong with his heart and it was stress related I believe.

My point is - it's nothing something to brush off and not worry about.
  7. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    Get yourself to an ER, chest pain is nothing to mess with. You will just prolong getting better by not getting medical treatment.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Colplaykat View Post
    So I am having a coughing lung issue thing. I can't breathe when I lay down and my chest burns like crazy. So I need to see a doctor, but I have never used the whole military healthcare thing, and well I don't have a car to get to base anyways.
    So I tried to make an appointment and there aren't any, so I don't know what I should do cause this is really starting to be painful. Any ideas?
    You need to call the appointment line at BAMC and tell them you need an "urgent" appointment. You're on Tricare Prime, right?

I can take you, just let me know when they get you in and we'll be on the way Liam and I are night-owls so if you want to go to the ER tonight just call. You need to get in!
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    They have out in town doctors as well that take tricare...call tricare and they will give you a list of docs near you
  10. Senior Member
    This is why we are lucky to be able to go to the ER... please go. It is better to be safe then sorry!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast