Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: SRB question- Army and Air Force!

1. Senior Member

SRB question- Army and Air Force!

Advertisements
    Okay, so I'm working on the "pay" section of my book and I'm having a hard time researching SRBs. I know in the Navy they pay you 1/2 up front then the rest in installments. I also know (from internet research) that the Marine Corps and Coast Guard do lump sum only (as does National Guard for their REB).

So, what about Army and Air Force? If you have a DH that recently reenlisted (i.e. in 2007) did you get the payment in a lump sum, or did you get a lump sum and yearly installments?

Thanks for your help in advance!!
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

When dh reenlisted 5 years ago, he got 1/2 up front and the rest in installments. (A friend of ours who is still enlisted, re upped about 6 mo ago and he got the same)
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Senior Member
    Thank you! That's air force covered, now I just need to find out about Army!

Thanks for your help. I've been searching for this stuff online for the last 2 hours!
  4. .x.MiSS.LADi.x.
    my DH was told that he'd get 1/2 when he graduates training and the rest in installments throughout his enlistment...
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissAsadi View Post
    my DH was told that he'd get 1/2 when he graduates training and the rest in installments throughout his enlistment...
    Thank you! I'm not sure if it's different on the initial enlistment bonus or the same for SRB. Sometimes they are different.