Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bcp?

1. I love my guardsman!!!
    I love my guardsman!!!

bcp?

Advertisements
    Ok-I have tricare now, but before I have gotten my birth control from our health department because I had no insurance and they go by your income or whatever. well, i have to go on the 19th to get my yearly exam and my year worth of pills but i am sure i do not qualify for the health department anymore. so my question is, does tricare cover birthcontrol or anything like that.I mean i have my primary doctor that i had to pick when i signed up, but he does not do anything like that. I was going to try to read my booklet that i got in the mail but i can not find it anywhere! any answers would be great!
    We accept the love we think we deserve.
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    tricare will cover just about any form of birth control, If the military pharmacy doesn't carry it you can get it out in town but usually have a copay with it.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. I love my guardsman!!!
    I love my guardsman!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    tricare will cover just about any form of birth control, If the military pharmacy doesn't carry it you can get it out in town but usually have a copay with it.
    thanks. i am really new to this so i am sorry so many questions, so do i make an appointment with a obgyn that tricare will cover and then get him to write me a prescription?
  4. Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    yep you got it right!
  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosley04 View Post
    thanks. i am really new to this so i am sorry so many questions, so do i make an appointment with a obgyn that tricare will cover and then get him to write me a prescription?
    first are you near an MTF( military treatment facility)? if you are as a Prime you have to be seen there. Usually you don't see OBGYN unless you really have to, they will want you to see a regular general doctor ( cost reasons) but if there is no MTF near you then go on to the tricare site that covers your region and find out which drs are in the network. However I caution you to call tricare to see which plan you are on, if you aren't on prime you are on standard which is different ( sadly i know nothing about) and see what you need to do. Tricare seems to constantly change the rules on you when you least expect it. do you have your cards yet from Tricare?

I will miss you SOS...

6. I love my guardsman!!!
    I love my guardsman!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    first are you near an MTF( military treatment facility)? if you are as a Prime you have to be seen there. Usually you don't see OBGYN unless you really have to, they will want you to see a regular general doctor ( cost reasons) but if there is no MTF near you then go on to the tricare site that covers your region and find out which drs are in the network. However I caution you to call tricare to see which plan you are on, if you aren't on prime you are on standard which is different ( sadly i know nothing about) and see what you need to do. Tricare seems to constantly change the rules on you when you least expect it. do you have your cards yet from Tricare?
    Yes-i got enrolled in september so it started on oct. 1. i have already went to my regular doctor i was assigned to and got prescriptions filled at walmart when i had bronchitis. i dont live by a mtf. my card says tricare prime. do you know thier website?
  7. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    https://www.tricareonline.com/portal...5Pp7ftolbGmkTy
    this is for tricare in general. i think you are part of the south region so you might be part of humana military (http://www.humana-military.com/) there you can find in network providers hth

I will miss you SOS...

8. Miranda
    You have to have your primary care provider refer you to an ob. Then, you will be able to see that ob whenever youhave a problem and they can get your exam and birth control pills for you!
  9. I love my guardsman!!!
    I love my guardsman!!!
    thanks rosebud....like i said i am new to this so it is kind of confusing trying to get used to it all. thank you again for your help....one more ? then i promise i will leave you alone do i need to go to the office where i got enrolled at and get them to give me the name of someone who tricare covers who will give me birth control. if they dont like for you to see obgyn because of cost i understand that, but i thought that only they could give you a prescription for birth control.like i said, i am a little slow sometimes
  10. Regular Member
    is should be only 9 for name brand and 3 dollars for generic. I have prime and that's what i pay not bad for bc or any precriptions at all
    Peggy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast