Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BONUS

1. .x.MiSS.LADi.x.

Bang Head BONUS

Advertisements
    soo my husband just left for Basic/ AIT...He's told he'll get 1/2 of his Bonus when he finishes & the other throughout his enlistment! my question is- how long does it take for him to get the 1/2 bonus when he's done training? bc im planning our wedding & when we move we'll be buying EVERYTHING for our new home! our wedding is right when he gets home & we're moving a week after to where ever they move us...HELP!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    he gets his bonus when he gets to his first duty station after AIT. he probably got that info from another soldier...something they call PNN private news network..never believe that!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

He'll get the bonus after you guys move....I know someone who waited three months after, and some people who get it just a few weeks after arriving at the new station.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    my DH got it after he finished with schooling...
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    ughh bonuses are a sore topic with me.

effing DF filed his wrong, then deployed, and for some reason that i still dont understand.. he cant get it fixed. i guess he left some random sheet of paper back at base or something stupid!

sorry, back to your question. i think he would have gotten his about a month after getting to base, and yes he'll only get half then.
  6. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    the way the bonus works is you get half up front ( don't forget that they will tax that half so you won't get the full amount of the half) then he will get an installment every year in October. Basically they split the remaining amount by how much he has left on his enlistment and give you that once a year. But be warned that you will not get one for the last year of his enlistment since the initial payment is considered just that an installment. ( oh and they will tax each installment.)

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

7. SuzyQ
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    ughh bonuses are a sore topic with me.

effing DF filed his wrong, then deployed, and for some reason that i still dont understand.. he cant get it fixed. i guess he left some random sheet of paper back at base or something stupid!

sorry, back to your question. i think he would have gotten his about a month after getting to base, and yes he'll only get half then.
    Me, too!! We waited and waited, even though I was inquiring left and right. I was even told that he should be handling the inquiries from Iraq, if ya can believe that one. But, actually it worked out well, because by the time he got the first half, he was in country, so it was tax free..........hello new windows!!
  8. Senior Member
    bever depend on that bonus! Sometimes it takes forever to get there.DB got his before going to IRAQ and that was 3yrs after he joined!
  9. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I should add though that the military will rarely just up and pay you for their own mistake. You have to be on their ass every day. Basically annoy them into paying you off. If you just kinda wait for them to decide when to pay you they never will or it will take years. You have to be in their face every day. Calling and bugging them every day. otherwise your paperwork will go on a shelf where it will sit till someone decides to work on it.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

10. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    the way the bonus works is you get half up front ( don't forget that they will tax that half so you won't get the full amount of the half) then he will get an installment every year in October. Basically they split the remaining amount by how much he has left on his enlistment and give you that once a year. But be warned that you will not get one for the last year of his enlistment since the initial payment is considered just that an installment. ( oh and they will tax each installment.)
    The bonus can be taxed up to about 30%... He should get some of that back when he files his income taxes though.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast