Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Question about insurance fraud

1. Senior Member

Question Question about insurance fraud

Advertisements
    I have a question about Tricare and insurance fraud.

Ok, heres the situation....a couple is getting divorced, the woman is pregnant with another man's baby. The baby wasn't born till after the couple was divorced (the guy is military), if the woman tries to use her ex's Tricare for the baby who is not his, is that insurance fraud? And if so, what would you do to report it? Is there a certain time frame you have to report it within?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    while they are getting a divorce she is entiltled to use tricare for the unborn child. If at birth the SM put the baby on DEERS then the mother could use tricar for the child. Does the father know this child isn't his? If he does know the child isn't his he needs to make sure his divorce is on file in DEERS and make sure his name isn't on the birth certificate, if all that was done then yes she has commited fraud, then yes it does need to be reported to Tricare. he is the one who needs to report this to Tricare. in this instance you are a 3rd party that they may not take seriously. This info came from my dh.
  3. Senior Member
    Yes, he knew for a fact the baby wasn't his, he even offered a paternity test when the woman tried to say it was his..but then she admitted it wasn't. The divorce was on file and his name was not on the birth certificate, he also did not put the baby in DEERS at all because they were already seperated when she got pregnant.

Thanks very much for the info!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    If the baby isnt in DEERS, there is no way that tricover will cover the baby. She can try all she wants, but it wont happen.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    I have a question about Tricare and insurance fraud.

Ok, heres the situation....a couple is getting divorced, the woman is pregnant with another man's baby. The baby wasn't born till after the couple was divorced (the guy is military), if the woman tries to use her ex's Tricare for the baby who is not his, is that insurance fraud? And if so, what would you do to report it? Is there a certain time frame you have to report it within?
    Never heard of this. First time, sounds like an eccentric situation. I don't know if they cover or don't and this is really an ethical concern to a legal situation. The only thing I can think of is if the other guy the babies real daddy (not the divorcing husband is military. She might have some leverage in the sense that she argue to have the baby put on his tricare so at least the baby is covered, but she has no medical as a dependent (Tricare) b/c she's divorced from the first one.

, interesting dynamics...Not totally sure???

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Felicia, you slut.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKOSWIFEY View Post
    Felicia, you slut.
    Haha, you know me...lol
  8. Not afraid to be lonely, but I still wanna learn about love.
    Not afraid to be lonely, but I still wanna learn about love.
    Blog Entries
    Hahaha. That's all.