Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mail order prescriptions?

1. Sorry Ms.Jackson, I am for real................
    Sorry Ms.Jackson, I am for real................

mail order prescriptions?

Advertisements
    does anyone use this service? how do you enroll?
    do they offer more drugs than the base pharmacy?
    do you have to pay a co pay?

i ask, I'm on 4 differents meds, and the only one the base pharmacy has are my prenatals. so i am going to two seperate pharmacies and paying $26 in co-payments for the other 3. I know that is not much, but if i can save that plus the $ I would use in gas, it would eventually go a long way. I'm all about saving some money.

My beautiful Children

Maria
  2. Senior Member
    I tried using that a few years back and got discouraged fast. You are supposed to get 3 months supply of meds for the same co-pay as 1 month. It sounds really great but 2 of the medications I was on were not approved.

My mom uses mail order and loves it. Hers is the same way you get 3 months worth vs 1 month.....for the same co-pay. I guess it just depends on the medications you take.

On a side note I just got a thing in the mail about one of my medications going to a co-pay of 9 dollars to 22 dollars for one month. Something about it being a (tier 3 non-formulary medication). Insurance companies stink
  3. Banned
    Banned
    We use it for DS's med and have had no problem or complaint with it. The best thing to do is to contact them directly and inquire about medications you know you will be needing to see if they carry them. It has been beyond easy to use for us.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    yeah we ran into that at wal mart, with the rhinocort its a tier 3 even though your AD. i was like what i shouldn't have to pay more than $9 at most when did that happen? and since when is a nasal spray tier 3? i was not a happy gal. i know mail order is a lot of paperwork though we used to do it in our office
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Taressa View Post
    i know mail order is a lot of paperwork though we used to do it in our office
    Not really - getting enrolled and submitting DS's Rx was really VERY easy and painless (one page if I recall correctly) with Expressscripts. Once we got the initial submission done everything has been done online as far as refills, etc.
  6. Senior Member
    I think that I signed up online, and then I sent my scripts in and got them sent right back to me with the rejections

Here is the website

http://www.express-scripts.com/
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    we got a lot of rejections from them in our office. i haven't done from a patient stand point but from a nurses and we would "handle" that for our patients and i hated it. 7 ou tof 10 came back to us with several different companys humana is bad too. the worse is caremark urgh i cringe typing the word LOL
  8. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    I have never done it but what I need is not at the base or mail order so I go to Wallgreens and pay $9 since it does not come in generic.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Traci View Post
    I have never done it but what I need is not at the base or mail order so I go to Wallgreens and pay $9 since it does not come in generic.
    is it zyrtec LMAO sorry i couldn't resist i couldn't believe that the base doesn't carry it!
  10. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Taressa View Post
    is it zyrtec LMAO sorry i couldn't resist i couldn't believe that the base doesn't carry it!
    Nope, Novalog Flex Insulin Pen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast