Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: EFMP

1. Senior Member

EFMP

Advertisements
    Does anyone know anything about the exceptional family member program? We're going to get our daughter put on it because of her eczema, and I just wondered if anyone had any advice or stories about their children, or themselves, being on it.

2. Senior Member
    We just signed up yesterday so I don't have any expierence yet. I do know, from talking with other people, that it is very helpful when determining where you get orders and what kind of services you can get.
  3. Senior Member
    Yeah... my daughter's doctor told us that this is the worst possible place we could be with her skin, and she recommended looking into EFMP to get relocated to somewhere that would be better for her skin. We're going to try and start the process this week, but I have no idea where to start!

4. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    I have major medical issues and I am a catagory 5. The main thing is I (not him) can't go anyplce that does not have major medical or I can't go overseas.
  5. Senior Member
    That's what I'm worried of.. they'll say, "Ok, well since she has said condition and it's better for her to not be here, then you guys can leave and he can just stay here by himself." And I told him that, but he said his branch manager told him that they would relocate him based on that... I just don't know how much of it to believe.. ya know? The army's made many promises to us, and I'd hate for this to be one of the one's they would break.

6. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by NCSoldiersWife View Post
    That's what I'm worried of.. they'll say, "Ok, well since she has said condition and it's better for her to not be here, then you guys can leave and he can just stay here by himself." And I told him that, but he said his branch manager told him that they would relocate him based on that... I just don't know how much of it to believe.. ya know? The army's made many promises to us, and I'd hate for this to be one of the one's they would break.
    They do try to keep the family together. The only issue we had was they sent my DH to the Middle East for a year but I couldn't go because it was ther Middle East not EFM. We found out his next duty station after the Middle East and I got special permission to move early. I also go housing right away. With the exception of IL they do their best to keep us on the East Coast because that is where my family is. It's not that bad. It has it good point.
  7. Senior Member
    That's what I was hoping for... We're hoping to move back east by my family so if he (or maybe I should say when) he deploys again, I'll be able to have some help. Guess I just have to call TriCare now and figure out the process of getting her enrolled! Thanks everyone for all the info! It's helped A TON!

8. angel91886
    I signed up for it not to long ago. They were really nice, you just go into the office and tell them what you are wanting to sign up for. They tell you where to go to get a medical eval. (I don't know if you already have one if you would have to get another). They sign you up and put you in the system. I think it takes roughly 6-8 weeks to acually get you completely in the computer. That may have changed though I dunno. Good Luck