Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADHD and the Navy

1. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

ADHD and the Navy

Advertisements
    Hey do any of you ladies have hubbys that have ADHD and are in the Navy and are on medication? I am just trying to find out what the Navys thing is on AD people being on meds for that if its necessary?

2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    DH is on 3 different meds for his anxiety. He got booted out of the rate he was in and had to pick a new one, but they didnt boot him out.
  3. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    well what if they are so close to retirement that they cant change rates?

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    everyone is going to have different opinions and what may or may not be FACTS on this as we've already seen from the Taylormysailor drama that unfolded here.
  5. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Devinn View Post
    everyone is going to have different opinions and what may or may not be FACTS on this as we've already seen from the Taylormysailor drama that unfolded here.
    well i never read that drama. I was just asking what the Navy policy itself was regarding matters like this. I dont just want opinions but I need facts unless thats different and varies depending on what meds you have to take and what your job is.

6. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    well what if they are so close to retirement that they cant change rates?
    that i am not sure of. in the end it is going depend on his rate (if he is allowed to be on meds and work) and his command.

Like before, DH was an AC. He had to have medical clearance to be on anything stronger than motrin.
  7. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    that i am not sure of. in the end it is going depend on his rate (if he is allowed to be on meds and work) and his command.

Like before, DH was an AC. He had to have medical clearance to be on anything stronger than motrin.
    well right now I dont think he needs to be on meds because he hasnt had any problems at work so thats good. so maybe he should just live with it as it is and not worry about it.

8. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    well right now I dont think he needs to be on meds because he hasnt had any problems at work so thats good. so maybe he should just live with it as it is and not worry about it.
    If he is close to retirment and he isnt having issues at work with it, i would just leave it alone and not take the chance.
  9. Senior Member
    Hey do any of you ladies have hubbys that have ADHD and are in the Navy and are on medication? I am just trying to find out what the Navys thing is on AD people being on meds for that if its necessary?
    I just read another post somewhere that someone's hubs had ADD (what branch??) and they kicked him out!? if I recall correctly...

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  10. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    well we just found out today that he has it but he is also super smart to and thats why he says he it doesnt seem to affect him at work. now me on the other hand thats a different story. LOL i need meds since I have been so scatter brained and disorganized in my head for the past 2 weeks. So I know I will be needing something to take.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast