Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: dental question

1. Senior Member

dental question

Advertisements
    would dental insurance cover invisalign? I had braces and a retainer and everything, but I guess I didn't wear the retainer as long as I should've and one of my front teeth is a little too far forward for my taste. It pisses my dad off that I complain about my teeth after he paid all that money for braces, so I wasn't planning on getting the invisalign until after I'm married and can pay for it myself (or have the dental insurance I'll get by marrying my DB pay for it )

2. Banned
    Banned
    UCC does not-- and since it is considered cosmetic- I do not think any others do either.
  3. Senior Member
    I don't think any form of braces are covered if you're over 21. It may be the cut off is 18. I know I looked at it a long time ago for me, and I couldn't get it.
  4. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    the cut off for braces is 1 month before your 23rd birthday. They do not cover invisalign (atleast as of 2003)

5. Happy little tree
    Happy little tree
    Most dental plans don't cover invisalign regardless of age or past braces.

But it makes it even less likely to be covered if you are over 21 and have had braces before.

I'm currently doing Invisalign (I was in the same boat as you - my teeth shifted from not wearing my retainers and they just kept getting worse, but they weren't "too" bad) and had to pay out of pocket. A lot of dentists will give you payment plans though! Since my teeth had merely shifted slightly over the years, I'm not on the full course of Invisalign - there's something called Invisalign Express that is much shorter and much cheaper than reg. Invisalign. It's only been about 4 months and my teeth are almost back to their normal state! I highly recommend them, but they are a bit pricey.

Keep up with all of our adventures with renovating a 1960s ranch house - check out MY BLOG!

6. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
    there's something called Invisalign Express that is much shorter and much cheaper than reg. Invisalign. It's only been about 4 months and my teeth are almost back to their normal state! I highly recommend them, but they are a bit pricey.
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for that?

7. Happy little tree
    Happy little tree
    The EXPRESS Invisalign (it's tailored exactly to your needs and how many aligners/months/dentist visits/etc. are in the "plan" they send you - so this is by no means what anyone will pay) for me was $2,300, and my dentist took off 5% if I paid in cash/check instead of a payment plan, so I got them for nearly $2,000.

Invisalign range from about $2,000 anywhere up to $5-6k depending on the severity of your teeth.

Keep up with all of our adventures with renovating a 1960s ranch house - check out MY BLOG!