Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Leavin to basic.

1. Loves Joser :)
    Loves Joser :)

Leavin to basic.

Advertisements
    so my boyfriend of nearly 3yrs is leaving to basic nov 29... i dont know what to do i just start thinking about it and i start crying my eyes out! what can i do? i need help before i go crazy!!!!!!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    well don't count the days until he goes. cherish the ones you have left with him. and get him ready for it. there is little communication in boot camp, but know once he is done it gets a lot better.
  3. Senior Member
    Cherish the moments you have with him. Mine's been there since August, but he's hurt and coming home so he'll be back there to finish later on.

When you get that first letter in the mail with an address, you'll be so excited. Writing simple letters becomes the most therapeutic thing on the plant.

Where is he going for his Basic?

PM me or whatever if you want more info, etc, I'm there.
  4. lyndsismith
    Be strong for him! He's going to need your support!!
  5. Loves Joser :)
    Loves Joser :)
    hes goninh to basic at great lakes... its just so much because i see him everyday and then to nothing at all... like i'm contact with him lke every minute of the day from hanging out to talking to texting. then to nearly nothing. its really starting to break my heart. because hes missing christmas, new years, our 3yrs and v day... plus i want to go to his grad sooo bad and i told my dad and he said no!!! the only way i can go is if i move out! and i might with my sister in feb but at the end the month and his grad is the first week of feb.... i'm not sure what i'm gonna do! say i'm going to work and just take a plane to great lakes?!?! but it'd mean the world to me if i can go! because after 2months of not seeing him... the day or two will rwally mend my hurting heart... any advice
  6. gss1981
    I remember before DH left for Basic. He left March 13. We found that out at the end of February. I was a nervous wreck. We had a 4 month old and I had no clue how I was going to do it. But, I found it was easy to keep a tablet to write him close by. When I'd think about something I'd love to tell him, I could just write it down. I think I mailed a letter a day.

Cherish the time you have now, before he leaves and best of luck!
  7. coulson21
    Mine left in august. It sucks and its hard at first, but eventually it gets easier.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Mine just left 12 days ago for OCS. We had been together 2 yrs and he left 3 days before our 2 yr anniversary. So I can relate a bit. And I DEF was like you and would just cry cry cry when I would think about him leaving. I talked to my DB about it before he left... A LOT! and that seemed to help me bc he reassured me that our love was strong... our relationship would get stronger... and that our life would be set once he became an officer. To be honest though... that doesn't matter much now that he's gone bc I miss him soooooooo much! Like you we spent a lot of time together in person, on the phone, and through texting. It's hard. People say it gets easier. Hasn't yet for me. But it does help me to write him a bajillion letters a day! Make him fun homemade cards... print out football scores to send to him... and to write in my journal. PM me if you need anything!