Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Special Pays

1. Member

Special Pays

Advertisements
    DH deployed to Iraq late September. As of the end-of-the-month pay, he is still not receiving any of the special pays. I figure it might take a month, but it is over a month now. Does it usually take this long? I thought at least tax free pay would kick in because (I think) he would get tax free for Sept even though he wasn't there the whole month.
  2. Live, Laugh, Love
    Live, Laugh, Love
    Camp Pendleton....wishing i was still in Okinawa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navycakes View Post
    DH deployed to Iraq late September. As of the end-of-the-month pay, he is still not receiving any of the special pays. I figure it might take a month, but it is over a month now. Does it usually take this long? I thought at least tax free pay would kick in because (I think) he would get tax free for Sept even though he wasn't there the whole month.
    I know some pays start on the 31st day, as for the tax free pay it started for us ass soon as he got in Iraq... well the next paycheck if you have a POA you can get info on you DH pay.
  3. Knyghtsangel
    It depends. It usually only takes a month, but sometimes it will take longer. First thing you have to remember is when they owe you money they can and sometimes will take their sweet time getting it to you! I would say give it until another EOM pay period, and if it's still not showing up I would consider putting in a pay inquiry. You will get back pay.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    you won't get your family sep until its been 30 days. now remember we are paid 2 weeks behind.so the 15hts paycheck is from the 1st to the 15th, if he deployed in late sept. and got into the tax free zone then, you should have seen that on this paycheck, however if you don't get back pay i would contact PSD or DFAS and find out what is up with that. sometimes i know with the navy they like to wait until it all kicks in at once. but you get tax free even if you only in that zone a day of the month you get it for the whole month.if you don't see it by nov 15th then i would contact someone at PSD or DFAS ifyou have a POA they will talk to you.
  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    he has to be in the tax free zone 31 days, same with family sep. I would def check with PSD to see what is what

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    actually he doesn't, tax free is the day they get there, if your there one day of the month you get it for the whole month, they will back pay you for it. also you don't always get tax free for family seperation pay its 30 days they have to be gone, regardless of if the month is a 31 day month or not. but the navy likes to do it all at once so we only see it all at once, which is why we always associate them together. but we have done underways for 6 weeks in a non tax free zone and still gotten family seperation pay, it just takes it sometime. we actually just got it for 30 days in july as well.but tax free is from the day you get there for the whole month.
  7. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taressa View Post
    actually he doesn't, tax free is the day they get there, if your there one day of the month you get it for the whole month, they will back pay you for it. also you don't always get tax free for family seperation pay its 30 days they have to be gone, regardless of if the month is a 31 day month or not. but the navy likes to do it all at once so we only see it all at once, which is why we always associate them together. but we have done underways for 6 weeks in a non tax free zone and still gotten family seperation pay, it just takes it sometime. we actually just got it for 30 days in july as well.but tax free is from the day you get there for the whole month.
    I know you have to be gone for 30 +1 day to receive family sep. I know that they are not associated together, I was stating that in order to receive it he has to be away for 30 or more days.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    i am sorry i am not trying to be rude just the way your first post it made me think you were saying they need to be gone for 31 days to get tax free. i think a lot of people don't realize that the day they leave and the day they pull don't count towards those 30 days.