Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Housing Question - rank or paygrade

1. Member

Housing Question - rank or paygrade

Advertisements
    Does anyone know if housing goes by rank or paygrade? They ask for paygrade on their application form so that is why I was asking. DH just made chief this past time, but he won't get paid until next summer, thus his paygrade is still E6.

Thanks!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I would put his rank and then also attach a copy that he advanced. Just because you can qualify for senior housing as an E7. If they wont let you do that, then you just change it really quick.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    for the navy it does-

since your DH has been frocked they will consider him "advanced" so be sure to put the higher pay grade..

also with senior enlisted housing with the navy and marines ( most bases) the houses are at least 3-4 bedrooms regardless of the number of children.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    In the Air Force it's called " __ select" which means he made his next rank but hasn't tacked on yet. I'd put something to that effect on the thing. Do Cheifs usually live in other housing? Because you won't want to move again when he sews on..
  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    You can still go by his Rank, even though his paygrade doesn't reflect that. I did that when dh went up from e-3 to e-4 he wasn't getting paid for it yet, but we were living in E-3 and below housing and I wanted to get the hell out of there. I just needed a copy of his frocking letter and my POA ( since he was out at sea) and yes kiwijus Chief's live in different housing, once you have been pinned Chief you are eligible for it.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

6. Banned
    Banned
    pay grade and rank are the same thing-

just different terms for different branches--

if he is a frocked Chief his rank/paygrade is E7--
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    pay grade and rank are the same thing just different terms for different branches if he is a frocked Chief his rank/paygrade is E7--
    Not necessarily. Sometimes, someone may be frocked to E-7, but not getting paid for it yet, thus making his/her paygrade E-6
  8. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    pay grade and rank are the same thing-

just different terms for different branches--

if he is a frocked Chief his rank/paygrade is E7--
    nope that is not true, my dh is an E-7 ( he was pinned and wears the uniform) but we aren't getting paid for it. his paygrade is E-6.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    E-7 in the navy is entitled to a 3 bedroom house regardless of number of dependants. i would talk to the housing people and see what they want you to put down cause it really will vary based on what the area has openings for as well. in great lakes we had a chief living at the other end of our unit cause it was 3 bedrooms and when our neighbor made chief they gave him the option to move into a 3 bedroom but didn't force him to.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijus View Post
    In the Air Force it's called " __ select" which means he made his next rank but hasn't tacked on yet. I'd put something to that effect on the thing. Do Cheifs usually live in other housing? Because you won't want to move again when he sews on..
    In the AF bases I have been to the only seperation is with officers vs. enlisted. Here it is based on how many children.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast