Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: leave request question..

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Help leave request question..

Advertisements
    ok, can somebody please explain the leave request process in really really simple terms..i was asking dh about it and i just don't get it. maybe it's all the cold medicine, i don't know...

anyways, we're discussing our christmas plans. he says it takes about two days to put in for his leave...so i said, well shit, why don't you just do that monday? and he says he has to wait until they know..and i said, until they know what? and he said, until they know when they get leave..and i said, what, you all get leave at the same time? and he said...yeeees...like i'm being stupid. but i thought the point of requesting leave was so that you could request the days you wanted it! i'm so lost and i don't want to bug him anymore about it.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    They usually split Christmas leave into 2. One includes Christmas the other New Year's. Pretty much half takes one and the other half takes the other.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    They usually split Christmas leave into 2. One includes Christmas the other New Year's. Pretty much half takes one and the other half takes the other.
    exactly........and in my husband's command we are told when they get leave. They have to split it up and keep the aircrews on the same leave.....and that stinks....

they all generally get adequate time off.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    thank you now if only dh could have put it that simply
  5. gss1981
    Some people, however, get leave for Christmas and New Years. DH gets a 120 (5 days) for both holidays. He normally comes back to work for a day or two and then is off again.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    well, dh has ten days of leave saved up, so we were going to fly home for christmas for a week, and use the other three for new years. that's what we did last year but then that was back at ft riley and his unit there was really jacked up.
  7. I love my Boys!
    I love my Boys!
    yeah they usually split it up and there is a certain amount of time before the leave that he can request it..he can't request it way in advance (like over a month I think)
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    It depends on the base also. Minot and Cheyenne, we got one week off (for in area). Here, they didn't get it last year. It just depends. When they do get a down week here, they have to report back when called. That way people aren't just taking off because they want to see family. This is for in area.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I work for the Army and our branch does one day on and one day off, but if you take leave over the holidays you count your off days too..
  10. Senior Member
    as far as i understand, for my dhs unit anyways, (hes a Marine) they arnt even aloud to request leave for the holidays until the first of december, and even then they may not get approved because there are SO many people who want to go home for the holidays.

My hubs is taking up all the duty time he can during xmas and new years so others who havent seen family can go home, and then we are taking a weeks leave after the first of january.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast