Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AF Uniform

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

AF Uniform

Advertisements
    Does anyone in the AF here wear the new uniform?
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  2. Senior Member
    When my hubby and I stopped by our old base on our way to GA we saw the new ones clothing sales there...they're interesting.
  3. Senior Member
    not yet, but I know DB wants to get them as soon as we get a chance. A lot of it is just us being lazy. I don't believe they have them at clothing sales here yet.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We like them because they are (they say) "wash and wear". no more cleaners for us. That will save us 120 a year.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    We like them because they are (they say) "wash and wear". no more cleaners for us. That will save us 120 a year.
    I was so happy when DH went Army because of the ACUs and now the Air Force changed, lol. I'm glad for the time it saves, he used to spend all evening ironing/starching his uniform and shining his boots...not anymore!
  6. Senior Member
    If they're like the ACUs make sure you wash them with the right kind of detergent and don't use dryer sheets with them.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    They are going to be alot like the ACU's. I need to find that detergent. I guess we will find out more when they come into play.

they aren't released on this base yet. One guy drove all the way to Randolf for the new ones to show off. He is a pretty big brown noser
  8. Senior Member
    Thats pretty crazy, lol. They had them at our old base when we went, they were almost out of BDUs and said they weren't going to order anymore. When is the mandatory wear date?
  9. Senior Member
    I don't know that my db has or wears the new uniform, but I know he's looking forward to it. He was saying he won't have to spend so much time ironing and getting his uniform ready. He also ordered new boots- he said he won't have to shine these.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    There isn't a release date yet. it has to be in place by 2011. Our clothling place doesn't care them and they are almost all out of BDU's. It is crazy here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast