Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I NEED HELP!!!!!

1. Banned
    Banned

Help I NEED HELP!!!!!

Advertisements
    I am depesrate! I really need help finanically speaking. My husband spends so much money and we will already be severely overdrawn even after this next paycheck. This means I have no money already and I have to pay my cell phone bill, gas, diapers and groceries. Is there any resource out there I can call on? My husband is in Korea and seems not to even care at this point. I just don't know what to do.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Call his command and you can also call Navy Relief to help you out-I'm sorry
  3. I'm Only A Little Crazy
    I'm Only A Little Crazy
    I would consider calling his command. Sounds like he has some REAL issues.
  4. It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go
    It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go
    I would call his command. Make a separate bank account that he has limited access to. NO WAY would I put up with that BS.

We're from the country.. And we like it that way
  5. Senior Member
    What branch are you? These are the website links for each of the services Financial Aid services:

Navy/Marine Corps: NMCRS.org
    Army: AERHQ.org
    Air Force: AFAS.org
    Coast Guard: CGMAHQ.org

You'll need your ID card, his most recent LES if you can get it (his command may be able to help there if he won't give you his log in to print it out), and a list of every bill you have, plus how much you have coming in from any income you have, and all the expenses he's spending.

They should help you get the bills for this month paid. Then I wholeheartedly agree with other posters that you need separate accounts. DH and I have main checking and deployment checking. He uses the deployment account when he's gone so it doesn't mess with our family finances. I transfer money into that for him every couple of weeks, and I keep an eye on the balance to make sure he has enough. That does help curb the spending sprees!

When your DH gets back he needs to get financial counselling and you guys need to work out a proper budget (any of the nonprofits I listed above will help you with that) so you can see exactly how much disposable income you have, and can pay yourselves an "allowance" for frivolous stuff without screwing yourselves on the bills.

Good luck!
  6. Banned
    Banned
    THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE!
  7. Senior Member
    You're welcome!

Just another thing to consider, you said he doesn't care. It might be that he's having a hard time over there. I know when my DH was deployed one time, he spent $600 on DVDs to have something to do that was mindless on his down time.

He's never been a frivolous spender, and this was really out of character. Maybe your DH is feeling down, and hitting "retail therapy" like us girls do! There may be some issue that is causing him to "not care" as you put it. Maybe not, but it's worth considering.