Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: BAH and rank increases

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Question BAH and rank increases

Advertisements
    ok so i have a question actually it's from both of us....his BAH hasn't shown up on the paycheck yet...but we are moving in navy housing in about 4 days...will we have to pay for the housing until the BAH kicks in..? also how long does it usually take for rank increases and bonuses to be put in the account? will it be with the actual paycheck or will it be posted at anytime throughout the month..? so many questions so little time...
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    he needs to go to PSD and hopefully by the 1st of next month it will be there. he needs to bring in his marriage license and all that stuff. if he hasn't already is he fresh out of boot camp? i don'tknow your situation but sometimes its takes a while to get paperwork done, and normally military housing just takes out the BAH in an Allotment when you sign your lease you will have to pay a prorated rate.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    yes BAH will come with his paycheck, sometimes bonus's get put in whenever though. and yes you will probably have to cut a check for the first month of rent, but they will pro rate it based on what your BAH is for that area. i think we paid around $43 a day to stay in our house up there for two extra weeks.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    yeah he put all the paperwork in about 1 1/2 weeks ago...for the BAH maybe as long as 2 weeks....it's just really hectic right now trying to get everything fig. out...and we thought we would have his new rate paycheck right now...so everything is just really tight right now...(schedule and money things)
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    yeah it takes some time, it all depends on who is doing the paperwork. its a pain in the neck i would advise him to go to PSD and talk to someone there, they can help him or at least point him in the right direction, my DH was on a ship and weren't living together when the BAH started for us he was on deployment and it was 8 years ago i have no idea how long it took to kick in, we didn't need it. i hope they get their stuff together for ya soon. it sucks waiting on money from the navy. boy they are quick to take it if you owe them but they are slow when they owe you.
  6. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Quote Originally Posted by cloren1317 View Post
    ok so i have a question actually it's from both of us....his BAH hasn't shown up on the paycheck yet...but we are moving in navy housing in about 4 days...will we have to pay for the housing until the BAH kicks in..? also how long does it usually take for rank increases and bonuses to be put in the account? will it be with the actual paycheck or will it be posted at anytime throughout the month..? so many questions so little time...
    Are you moving into the type of housing that charges you to live there? Some military housing will just take all of your BAH & it won't even show up in the pay. If you move into housing with no BAH & they don't charge for housing, they won't make you pay for it. I'd ask the housing office if you don't know.

Is your hubby below a petty officer? - if he is, the rank $$ could take up to 2 paychecks to get into the system. Depends on how slow PSD is. If your hubby is a petty officer & above, it could take up to 8 months to see the pay. The bonuses I think are posted when ever and rank increases are always with the pay check.

7. Senior Member
    Did your DH make first increment? If so, you should be seeing that rank increase in pay pretty fast, if not, it will be determined by where he tested out amongst the group. Your DH should know that, as well as the projected pay date.

I'm not sure what bonuses you are talking about. If it's an SRB for reenlisting, then you'll get it within a couple of pay cycles.

On the BAH, if you do have to pay out of pocket, you will get it reimbursed once they get it all turned on. Your first payment will be for the time since you were eligible for it.