Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wisdom teeth and tricare dental??

1. Senior Member

Help wisdom teeth and tricare dental??

Advertisements
    ok so i have tricare dental and we just moved here so we have no money and i'm starting to have a lot of pain in my jaws like my wisdom teeth are coming in. i see that they cover 30% of oral surgery and 40-50% of anesthesia but i'm still scared about how much its going to cost. husband hasnt even filed for our travel voucher yet i dont know how long i can wait.. does anyone know a ballpark on how much it will cost with tricare dental?
  2. Senior Member
    How sad, I understand your pain, I just got mine pulled last year. I hope you feel better soon!!
    :

3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I don't know personally, but you can call tricare and the dentist you go to, to see how much they would charge then to see what tricare covers. you can also get a loan/grant through the relief equivalent in the Airforce ( sorry I don't know what its called ours is called Navy relief) if you are unable to pay for the dental work.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

4. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    good luck with getting them pulled. I am getting mine done soon and am scared to death. I am so glad they are putting me to sleep
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillove27 View Post
    How sad, I understand your pain, I just got mine pulled last year. I hope you feel better soon!!
    thanks!! i mean it could be something else but im pretty sure thats what it is..
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    I don't know personally, but you can call tricare and the dentist you go to, to see how much they would charge then to see what tricare covers. you can also get a loan/grant through the relief equivalent in the Airforce ( sorry I don't know what its called ours is called Navy relief) if you are unable to pay for the dental work.
    thanks so much i'll try that! we just moved down here over the weekend so i havent even found a dentist yet!!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post
    good luck with getting them pulled. I am getting mine done soon and am scared to death. I am so glad they are putting me to sleep
    ugh yeah i know they will have to put me to sleep cause the last time i had xrays they told me it was going to be a big deal to take them out but they werent ready to come out then.. i guess they felt like waiting until i just moved to a new place with no dentist yet and no money!!
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I actually had mine pulled today and it cost me $98 for all four to be pulled. I didn't have to go to an oral surgeon though because they were all in above the gum and they were in straight. Anyway, I think that they said that I paid 20% or something like that. Also I just used local and didn't use any gas. The doctors office also told me that they charge more if they are harder to get out or have any problems. Good luck!
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I had all of mine pulled. Thankfully I didn't have to see an oral surgeon even though they were "dog-legged" & sideways....though we did not know they were "dog-legged" until after they were pulled. I paid zilch for 2 of them while in VA & the other 2 I paid about $20 for them.

The pain of having them pulled was nothing compared to the pain of them coming in! I hate that they are called wisdom teeth. You don't gain an ounce of wisdom except in knowing what hell the pain can be!

Good luck! I hope your pain goes away or you are able to get in quickly but cheaply!
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Callie View Post
    I actually had mine pulled today and it cost me $98 for all four to be pulled. I didn't have to go to an oral surgeon though because they were all in above the gum and they were in straight. Anyway, I think that they said that I paid 20% or something like that. Also I just used local and didn't use any gas. The doctors office also told me that they charge more if they are harder to get out or have any problems. Good luck!
    I think if you go under it costs so much more! I dont have Military insurance yet but when I went to get mine done it was free if I just got my gums numb. At the time I didn't have the $400 they were asking for to put me under. But I had a lot of issuse with mine. I'm sure you will be fine just remember that ice cream is encouraged! Yummy!
    :

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast