Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Is our military paid enough?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they are paid plenty.

16 15.69%
  • No, they don't get paid enough for all that they do!

73 71.57%
  • what pay? the one we give back to the government?

8 7.84%
  • other opinion (please explain)

5 4.90%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Military Pay...

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Military Pay...

Advertisements
    Do you think our active duty military individuals are paid fairly??
    wait for poll please
    Katie- Mommy to Kylee 10-30-05 (loving big sister, Ms. independent, intelligent, princess) and Auriana 09-17-08 (miracle baby with down syndrome, heart defects, hearing impairment, digestive problems, tube fed since birth, but determined to succeed, strong, loving, happy)

Ask me about Congenital Heart Defects... 1 in 100, it could be your child...

Ask me about Down Syndrome... more common than you think...

Wife to a Disabled Army Veteran... been there, done that, moving on
  2. MoMo
    Sure dont, if he got paid per hour we would be rich..and for all that they do...the time they get up...the danger that they put themselves in....not enough!!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I think the pay would be sufficient if half of it wasn't going back to the government for taxes...I think that military pay should be tax free...what do you all think?
    Katie- Mommy to Kylee 10-30-05 (loving big sister, Ms. independent, intelligent, princess) and Auriana 09-17-08 (miracle baby with down syndrome, heart defects, hearing impairment, digestive problems, tube fed since birth, but determined to succeed, strong, loving, happy)

4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by wife-n-mommy View Post
    I think the pay would be sufficient if half of it wasn't going back to the government for taxes...I think that military pay should be tax free...what do you all think?
    So totally agree!
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. Loving My Navy Veteran
    Loving My Navy Veteran
    NO, they don't...

I say this even more now because my DH was just offered a job as a military contractor, doing almost exactly what he was doing while he was in the military...the base pay alone is $63K, add in the fact that its tax free, has per diem, money for housing, vehicle provided, free medical while he is deployed, etc. I know we certainly didn't make that much money while he was in the Navy. So, if he can get all that as a military contractor, then the active duty members should be given such entitlements as well!
  6. MoMo
    Quote Originally Posted by wife-n-mommy View Post
    I agree with that 10000000000000000%
  7. MoMo
    Quote Originally Posted by navywife-sweetheart View Post
    NO, they don't...

I say this even more now because my DH was just offered a job as a military contractor, doing almost exactly what he was doing while he was in the military...the base pay alone is $63K, add in the fact that its tax free, has per diem, money for housing, vehicle provided, free medical while he is deployed, etc. I know we certainly didn't make that much money while he was in the Navy. So, if he can get all that as a military contractor, then the active duty members should be given such entitlements as well!
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Who voted "yes, they are paid plenty"... I'd love to hear why this person feels this way...

9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't think they get enough, esp. since half goes back. SO i agree with you also. The time they are gone, everything they do, it's just not enough money.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    We get paid enough to get by and live a decent life. Do I think the pay is "fair" considering all that they do? No. But then I think if it were higher, we'd have a lot of really shitty people doing the job just for the money, not b/c they have pride in what they do.

Honestly, if it weren't for Jason loving his job and having pride in what he does, he wouldn't be doing it, because he damned sure isn't doing it for the money. Even with the stability and retirement and such factored in, it's still not "fair", IMO. But I guess that's why our troops are so special and so appreciated.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast