Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Coffee For The Troops event @ Books-A-Million

1. Regular Member

Coffee For The Troops event @ Books-A-Million

Advertisements
    I know there aren't too many BAM locations around but if there's one near you, we're running an event for the month of May called Coffee for the Troops. You donate $9.99 (the cost of one of our bags of coffee) and you get a label to fill out a cute message and at the end of the month the warehouse will package them all up and ship them out. Last year the company sent 70,000 bags. The program was developed by a mother who noticed that many of the troops weren't receiving personal things and this way we can ship them all a taste of home So just an FYI for all of you.

Off topic, I got real crafty and filled a jar with coffee beans and mini American flags and a cute little sign to keep by the registers Fun stuff!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

that is awesome!

Do you work at the one in Landstown Commons?

3. Regular Member
    Creepinnnnn yes.
  4. Regular Member
    Oh and btw. Of the customers that come in..the ones LEAST interested in it, are military They're all like....we don't need coffee. And I totally get that and we just laugh about it. BAM has their hearts in a good place. But wouldn't donated books be more of a nice thing to receive? Just my opinion.

The other amusing ones are the customers who decline because THEY don't like coffee. I just laugh on the inside and carry on...I never offered you coffee, lady. I really don't care about your personal preference seeing how this isn't forrrr youuu. lol

But feel free to spread the word. There are lots of people who get the warm and fuzzies for doing it and I love those people.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by YipSkippityDoo View Post
    Creepinnnnn yes.
    I was at the AC Moore in Landstown Commons Saturday and saw that they still have a BAM. I know a lot of the ones around here have closed

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by YipSkippityDoo View Post
    Oh and btw. Of the customers that come in..the ones LEAST interested in it, are military They're all like....we don't need coffee. And I totally get that and we just laugh about it. BAM has their hearts in a good place. But wouldn't donated books be more of a nice thing to receive? Just my opinion.

The other amusing ones are the customers who decline because THEY don't like coffee. I just laugh on the inside and carry on...I never offered you coffee, lady. I really don't care about your personal preference seeing how this isn't forrrr youuu. lol

But feel free to spread the word. There are lots of people who get the warm and fuzzies for doing it and I love those people.
    That's funny! "No I don't like coffee and I don't want anyone else to have any either!"

And I like your idea of sending books. That would be better because not everyone drinks coffee