Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sexual Assault & Getting Involved

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyluvbug View Post
    I may be wrong but I believe the answer is FSS, at least that's what it seems like down here at Lackland. (and DH just confirmed that for me)

ETA: You might be able to use a local housing community center. The community centers on base are managed by the housing office. In other communities, contact HOA.

Great idea! I didn't know bases had housing community centers.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I asked the SAPR office for the last base that we were at about volunteering since I worked at a shelter and they only took DOD civilians and Active Duty. Forgive me if I have this wrong, but some women's shelters may limit your personal contact (ie teaching a class) with residents for their comfort.
  3. Senior Member
    Jazmine, I can see why they might limit personal contact by someone from an outside organization. Maybe it will help if someone from the SAPR organization teaches the first part of the course with self defense being taught during the second day. That way anyone who isn't comfortable with that level of contact wouldn't have to attend the second portion of the course. The entire course would be aimed at prevention / awareness / immediate response so others who are not victims will also have a chance to stick around for the self defense part of the course.

I wish we could hurry up and find out where we're going to be stationed! I would start contacting people already haha!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12