Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are some qualities?

1. To die and come back as a leotard?
    To die and come back as a leotard?
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    I am over it now though! I just wanted to share my experience. I think it's awesome that you're gathering info and it sounds like you're doing to do a great job.
    THANK YOU! I honestly thought this thread might meet with some "well if your running you should know what people want" attitude. SO glad thats not the reaction lol
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by abbienikol View Post
    I cant imagine a command getting rid of their frg, that would be worrisome, Something would have to go incredily awry I think for that to happen. I've been participating in a version of FRG one way or another since I was a small child and have never seen that happen. Have you?
    Several boats at Bangor don't have FRGs because of one reason or another. Our boat almost lost our FRG. It definitely happens.
    Banned
    I've been participating in a version of FRG one way or another since I was a small child
    Have you held a position before?
  4. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries

right behind ya!!
  5. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    I have a million suggestions Having been both a participant and a leader I think the most important things are training- get in touch with whatever group (I am Army so I don't know Navy) does the FRG training & get them to come in a do as much training as you can. Having the knowledge of how the FRG is supposed to work as well as feeling like I was able to contribute properly was very empowering & kept me more involved. And dealing with rumors. Rumors are going to run rampant- it happens even though we are all adults, so be prepared to put a stop to them quickly. Sometimes this means reprimanding (gently) spouses or family members and if that doesn't work going to the command chain- more likely to happen during deployment. Being super duper organized is also a must! I have a million more suggestions- if you want them feel free to PM me!
  6. To die and come back as a leotard?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchored2aSailor View Post
    Have you held a position before?
    When I was a teenager I was social chair *for kid/teenage activities* and secretary for my dads FRG, that was a lot of fun and I was glad that they allowed me to be apart of the team, it gave me a more adult aspect of what was going on (in a good productive way).
    Since then I have always just volunteered to head activies and just help out. When Casey was on the Ohio I was a fiance and couldn't hold one, and his shore command didnt have an FRG.
    Between the Jackson, the Ohio, the Alaska and the Kentucky, I have had plenty of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by princessgwynn View Post
    I have a million suggestions Having been both a participant and a leader I think the most important things are training- get in touch with whatever group (I am Army so I don't know Navy) does the FRG training & get them to come in a do as much training as you can. Having the knowledge of how the FRG is supposed to work as well as feeling like I was able to contribute properly was very empowering & kept me more involved. And dealing with rumors. Rumors are going to run rampant- it happens even though we are all adults, so be prepared to put a stop to them quickly. Sometimes this means reprimanding (gently) spouses or family members and if that doesn't work going to the command chain- more likely to happen during deployment. Being super duper organized is also a must! I have a million more suggestions- if you want them feel free to PM me!
    I will feel free
  7. To die and come back as a leotard?
    Blog Entries
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Be organized and have good communication.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123