Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Petition for Free Postage {read}

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Petition for Free Postage {read}

Advertisements
    {Forgive me if this doesn't belong here, I didn't want to just throw it in 'General'}
    There is a petition being passed around that if passed, would allow packages and letters to be sent to U.S. troops deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan free of postage! Every signature counts so please sign the petition and help out!
    Petition Link

But here is something to think about BEFORE you sign;
    Well when you think about it, USPS is in desperate need for $$. That is why they just raised the stamp again, they even proposed moving to a 5-day mail service to save money, but that was shot down. I think if this bill would go through they would raise the price of regular postage again. You have to remember there are a lot of USPS workers that depend on people to send mail and packages through USPS, the internet has definitely slowed business down. I don't think this bill is a very good thing to get our economy back up and running.
    Weather you sign it or not is your choice I just wanted to share.
    Signature deleted.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    GL- I do not think we need this- and feel that it would be a huge financial loss to a company- even one run by the GOV.

will you also propose that the cards, envelopes and stuff in care packages be donated too?

where will it end?
  3. Senior Member
    Last edited by Christina; 02-29-2016 at 02:52 PM.
  4. Senior Member
    Would I like it to be free? Sure, who wouldn't? However, I don't see a need to hurt an already hurting organization to get there. If the post office goes under, then how do we get our stuff there? You know UPS and FedEx would capitalize on the opportunity to get in that market and I, for one, don't feel like trusting fully commercial entities for fair pricing to delivery to a war zone.
  5. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

I won't be signing. Dh gets Free Mail coming this way, that's good enough. Only the servicemembers should be getting the freebies. There are more than families on this side sending mail. JMHO
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    I won't be signing. Dh gets Free Mail coming this way, that's good enough. Only the servicemembers should be getting the freebies. There are more than families on this side sending mail. JMHO
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
  8. I'm Only A Little Crazy
    I'm Only A Little Crazy
    Wont be getting a siggy from me, for a few reasons.
  9. Damage Control
    Damage Control

Embrace those who love you and whom you love, and rid yourself of those who will only bring you down!
  10. Senior Member
    I won't sign either. The AD Service member already gets the discount...I don't see why the family on this side should. The USPS is already struggling to stay afloat, and this would just add another log to that fire.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast