Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Goals for Soldiers

1. I have many leather bound books
    I have many leather bound books

Goals for Soldiers

Advertisements
    --------- See post #4 for updated info

I wanted to share with all of you the fundraiser I started this week supporting the Fisher House...www.fisherhouse.org. Here is a 3 minute video explaining what the Fisher House does, it's truly touching...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xe5RE6krms.

Many of you have experienced your SO leaving and leaving suddenly. I scheduled a flight to see DB before he deployed and last minute his date was moved up forcing me to cancel my trip. Of course I was devastated!

I play TONS of soccer and when DB left I was just getting back to playing from ACL reconstruction surgery. As a pick me up, we talked about how many goals I could score while he was gone. He said 50. I said, NO WAY, I'm going for 200!!!!!!!

I've been keeping track and decided there could be more done with this, and I could use this to benefit others, mainly the military and their loved ones. There is truly more background to how this fundraiser got started and if you’d like to read more about it go to: http://goalsforsoldiers.blogspot.com/. I will also be updating my progress in that blog.

This fundraiser is just like any walk or run pledge-type fundraiser, but instead of completing a distance, it is about scoring goals. So, if you’d like to join me in donating to this cause, you can donate at this web site: http://www.active.com/donate/teamfis...alsforsoldiers You are welcome to donate a per goal amount (example $0.10 per goal x 200 = $20), or a simple lump sum.

If you think you may know someone else who would like to support this cause, you are more than welcome to forward this information to them! I appreciate your support, and we all know and can relate that there is nothing more a wounded soldier needs than their loved ones...your help makes that possible!

Last edited by Jeni14; 03-06-2009 at 02:24 PM.

The Best Homecoming I ever had
  2. The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    This is awesome!!!!!!!!
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!” ― Dr. Seuss
  3. insert funny quote here.....
    insert funny quote here.....
    Me: North Carolina...My Heart: Norfolk, VA
    Blog Entries
    what a wonderful thing!!!!

Love is patient
    DB: "I know this sounds cheezy, but you complete me.......it's like we're just supposed to be together."
  4. I have many leather bound books
    I have many leather bound books
    I'm still doing this fundraiser, but I have to modify it. My knee that I had surgery on last year is having problems again. I've been told that I have meniscus damage and pattelar subluxations (mild kneecap dislocations) and I am trying to rehab it right now, but I will more than likely have to have surgery in 1 to 2 months.

I cannot play soccer or any sports for likely around 3 months and the fundraiser will be over by then. Therefore, I've asked my soccer teams if they would donate their goals to help me finish this fundraiser.

Check out the links in my siggy to donate OR to check out my blog.

The Best Homecoming I ever had