Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make New Friends

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Smile Make New Friends

Advertisements
    Hello, Y'all I am Alliee. I am married to a Marine, and we live at Quantico Marine Base. Decided to try this Site out, being as it is, I have no idea how to make friends on this base, it is such a big base but there are no military wife groups. Anyway, if anyone has any advice I'd love to listen! Thank you! ❤️
  2. Senior Member
    Get involved. Find a group doing something that interests you. Start striking up conversation with people you meet throughout the day
  3. Senior Member
    What she said ^^

Welcome! My hubby is a Marine too.

Have you started work or are you going to school? I've found I meet most of my friends that way. Are any of your husband's friends married? Maybe yall can have some other couples over for dinner.

4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Help Hey

Yeah, he has no friends. I also don't go out a lot. Im trying to think of creative things to do at home to pass the time away.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcwife1221 View Post
    Yeah, he has no friends. I also don't go out a lot. Im trying to think of creative things to do at home to pass the time away.
    Honestly, you're not going to make friends if you don't put yourself out there. Staying in all the time will only make time pass more slowly.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcwife1221 View Post
    Do you think you can find work on base or out in town? Also, classes at the gym. Those can be good ways to make friends. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there, DC is such an awesome area to explore, you wouldn't want to miss out!
  7. Senior Member
    I'm a homebody as is my husband...but we also like having friends so we've really had to go out of our comfort zones to build those relationships! I agree...check out what's on base for spouses...keep yourself busy with a job or hobbies...be active here...etc. I've actually met a good bit of my friends from here!
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I will be in Quantico either March or April so, I would love to know my place around!
  9. Regular Member
    My fiancee and I dont lived together and i dont many of those who understand where i coming, but this site has been the best of help in meeting new people who have been there and done it. It really amazing on this site how you can connected with so many others.
  10. Regular Member
    Hi Alliee! My fiancé is a marine as well, and we recently moved to Quantico! I am in the same boat, it's been challenging finding friends here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast