Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Be: pistachio!

1. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Advertisements
    He's the cutest little pistachio I've ever seen!
  2. Senior Member
    Awww he's such a cutie!!!

3. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Mermaid. View Post
    TCCOR 2 (means destructive winds of 50 knots or greater are expected within 24 hours. ) and no update.

You better be having that little!
    I was! I was in intense active labor when you were writing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    He's the cutest little pistachio I've ever seen!
    Thank you! He looks nothing like me He looks like my dad's side of the family, and I look like my mom. People say he looks like my husband, but I just see my grandpa and cousin <3
  4. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    Quote Originally Posted by be: pistachio View Post
    OMG I SUCK.

I had the baby and totally disappeared. I had no idea this thread existed. I went into labor on Sunday, May 10, and delivered him on Tuesday, May 12. He was 10 pounds, 12 ounces, and I squatted him out like a champ. He's napping right now.

Yay!! Congratulations!!!

He's gorgeous! How was your labor? Sounds intense! I adore chunky babies.

He and my Ruby (almost 11 months) would make an adorable couple. Think he'd like older ladies? What's his name?
    Pax, Aeon
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by be: pistachio;10002[B
    810]OMG I SUCK.[/B]

I had the baby and totally disappeared. I had no idea this thread existed. I went into labor on Sunday, May 10, and delivered him on Tuesday, May 12. He was 10 pounds, 12 ounces, and I squatted him out like a champ. He's napping right now.

Yup. That's probably how your whole predicament started.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  6. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

Quote Originally Posted by SoulCupcake View Post
    Yay!! Congratulations!!!

He's gorgeous! How was your labor? Sounds intense! I adore chunky babies.

He and my Ruby (almost 11 months) would make an adorable couple. Think he'd like older ladies? What's his name?
    Thank you!! I bet he'd like older ladies.

His name is Luke, and it was a long, intense labor. Early labor started on Mother's Day, but I was in denial for a while. I was 41 weeks, and I think I was convinced that I was never, ever going into labor. My midwife discovered high protein in my urine the week prior and I had crazy swelling, but my BP was normal and all my blood counts were normal, so she did a fetal non-stress test on Friday, and she felt okay letting me be pregnant over the weekend. I was scheduled for another NST on Monday at 1:30, and we had a little typhoon coming on Tuesday.

Anyways, Sunday at around 7:30 am, I had a few contractions, but really mild, so I ignored them. My husband and I went to Mother's Day brunch, and I kept standing up and swaying my hips, but not commenting on it. Finally, around 11 he said, "are you sure you're not in early labor?" I said "no, I'm not sure," but I was afraid of a false alarm. I texted my doula and told her MY HUSBAND thought I was in early labor. I didn't want to take the blame if I wasn't. She said I probably was, because she had a feeling I would go into labor on Mother's Day. Crazy. They were both right. We walked around the base exchange and then went home to watch Gone Girl. I needed a long movie I hadn't see yet. By the time it was over that evening, I was confident that labor was continuing to pick up and wasn't going to stop. We made Luke a birthday cake, and then I told my husband to go to sleep and I'd wake him up when I needed him.

I thought I wanted to labor in the bathtub as long as possible with my 5 hour playlist that I spent days making. NOPE. As soon as contractions started to really hurt, I wanted to get the hell out of the tub and turn off that noise! I woke him up at 1 am, and by 3:30 am I needed my doula. Of course, contractions stopped for about 15 minutes once she arrived, but then they picked up again. I labored backwards in a chair (like A.C. Slater), and my husband did the "double hip squeeze" during each contraction while I did color visualization. I managed to eat trail mix and drink gatorade, but that also meant I had to pee all the time. And every single time I peed, I had a contraction. It was the worst! They were 2-4 minutes apart and 90+ seconds long, with some right on top of each other (so they were 3.5+ minutes long), for several hours.

At 9 am, my water partially broke and he dropped down onto my right hip. Then it just constantly hurt like hell, and I moved into the full body sway on my husband. I was totally internal and making noises that sounded like a barge/ship horn. We thought we were getting close to transition. The goal was to show up at the hospital ready to push. They were 2-3 minutes apart (from the start of each contraction) and 1.5- 2 minutes long. They seemed like transition! But I had no urge to push.

Around noon, labor started to stall. The contractions were still long and intense, but they spaced back out! I had already been up all night and gone through so many painful contractions, but I was okay with those as long as I was in the zone and trudging along. But when they spaced out, it was AWFUL. I had enough time to become lucid between them and know what was coming. And it seemed like I was no longer progressing. And my hip hurt like hell. And after an hour, I was concerned about the baby. I convinced my husband and doula that I was of sound mind and wanted to get to the hospital.

We arrived right on time for my NST appointment! But we met my midwife in L&D (it's called the MICC here) instead. I requested that she do my cervical check instead of the nurse, and I was only 5-6 cm dilated! But she could see Luke's hair. I knew if I was 7+ cm, I couldn't keep going naturally, but 5-6?! Oh, heck no.

I was admitted. I loved my midwife, and I loved that she tried to talk me down from the epidural. She knew me well. She knew my birth plan. She saw me handle contractions bent over the check-in counter moaning for all to hear, and thought I was "handling contractions very well." I told her that I was, but I was handling each one less well. I was getting closer to "losing it," and I needed an epidural before I got to that point. With each one, I was imaging being closer to drugs, not baby. I wasn't going to regret an epidural. I was right; I didn't and I don't. We got the anesthesiologist in there, and sweet relief! But labor didn't pick up on its own.

When my water broke at 9 am, Luke had dropped down and pinched off a pillow of water under his head, and it was keeping him from fully engaging (and keeping him on my hip). That water needed to break to get things going. The options were Pitocin or breaking the water. I decided to break the rest of the water, since he was already at risk of infection from the first rupture. But when she put her hand up there to check him, she said she could pop his head up, and she had a bad gut feeling about the risk of cord prolapse. I listened to her instinct, and we opted for Pitocin (never thought that would ever happen!). As Pitocin increased, my hip hurt more and more, but no progress past 7 cm for hours. My midwife had stayed hours late for me, but finally had to get home to her own children before the base gates locked for the typhoon. I had never met the doctor in L&D, but I ended up loving her. At some point in the evening, she checked my cervical progression and accidentally broke my water all the way. I told her what my midwife said, and she kept her hand on Luke's head and brought him all the way down to fully engaged to make sure the cord didn't prolapse.

At that point, labor picked up (finally!). I was still eating my trail mix every time the staff left the room, so when I hit transition, I threw up brown. no one knew why. And honestly, throwing up felt so good. I threw up and pushed at the same time. Then the doctor had to go into an emergency c-section for twins. So there I was, wanting to push with every contraction, and the nurses were telling me not to. At the lovely advice of my awesome doula, I pushed a little with each one, because it felt good to do so. I was complaining and annoyed that the doctor was gone for hours, and thankfully they decided to stop Pitocin. Once they did that, I let my epidural run down as low as it would go, so I could move easily. If I were totally lucid, I would have been concerned for the other mom and babies, but I wasn't lucid, so don't judge me. FINALLY, at 2 am on Tuesday, she was out of the O.R., and I wanted to have a baby! When the nurse checked me, she couldn't believe that he was "right there." They didn't know I was pushing the whole time.

I wanted the squat bar (didn't think I'd want that) and I wanted a mirror (specifically stated in my birth plan that I did NOT want a mirror to see ). The hospital staff tried to convince me that I didn't "need" to squat, because he was going to come out so easily (and they had to go find the bar). I didn't care. I wanted to squat, and my epidural had run out enough for me to do so. So I did. :-D And I watched it on a standing mirror next to the doctor. He came out with three contractions around 3 am, just as the baby typhoon hit the island. He came out like Captain Planet with one fist by his head, so the doctor stuck her hand up to help his shoulder down so he didn't get hurt. Then he crashed onto the crash mat below, and everyone was shocked that he was so huge! NO ONE knew he would be that big. He came straight to my belly and I kept trying to pull him up to my chest, but his cord was still attached and the placenta was inside, so he couldn't go very far. Oops! Once the cord stopped pumping, my husband cut it, and Luke did that cool baby thing where they crawl on their own to the nipple and start nursing. Once he was finished and wiped off, he weighed in at 10.13! So my husband cut off as much cord as he could, and the final measurement was 10.12.
  7. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

8. Senior Member
    Congratulations. He is adorable!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123