Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cindy Lou Who ! I need Harry Potter help!!!!!

1. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Cindy Lou Who ! I need Harry Potter help!!!!!

Advertisements
    Hey you!!! Okay so for my project that I had mentioned on FB I decided to choose your idea of Harry Potter because the "symptoms" you listed seemed super workable. However - I have never read any of the books s and I haven't seen any of the movies s so I honestly don't have the first clue about him or his issues. I don't really have the time to crash read all the books but maybe could get in a movie or two if it would help. Mostly though I am looking to you and my fellow MSOS HP nerds to assist me in where best to look for information (resources/references) about his background/history/environment/mood/ etc. and obtain a crash HP course. TIA

ETA: So basically I have to right a mental health treatment plan for Harry Potter
  2. Senior Member
    Omg is this a joke

H o w have you not read/seen Harry potter??
  3. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Omg is this a joke

H o w have you not read/seen Harry potter??
    No I really haven't ever read/seen it. I have heard about it and kinda sort of know, ya not much, . It wasn't "allowed" when I was under my parent's roof and then I just got distracted by other things and so now I have yet to see them and apparently am very much missing out I suck I know.
  4. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Do you live under a rock woman?!?! You could always binge watch the movies to give you a harry potter crash course but still! I can't believe you haven't seen at least the movies

I could help! If something came up that I don't know, I have a friend whose like a never ending HP dictionary! But I know there's a ton of HP nerds on here!

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackadoo View Post
    No I really haven't ever read/seen it. I have heard about it and kinda sort of know, ya not much, . It wasn't "allowed" when I was under my parent's roof and then I just got distracted by other things and so now I have yet to see them and apparently am very much missing out I suck I know.
    Oh wow! I can understand not liking it but I just didn't understand how someone in our age group had managed to escape it

I like HP but I'm not enough of a superfan to give you any useful info. I was just astonished. Have you googled an HP wiki or anything? I know Wikipedia isn't a reliable source but Harry potter has some of the most rabid fans the Internet has ever seen, I'm positive someone has written a completely accurate and detailed synopsis somewhere.
  6. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Oh wow! I can understand not liking it but I just didn't understand how someone in our age group had managed to escape it

I like HP but I'm not enough of a superfan to give you any useful info. I was just astonished. Have you googled an HP wiki or anything? I know Wikipedia isn't a reliable source but Harry potter has some of the most rabid fans the Internet has ever seen, I'm positive someone has written a completely accurate and detailed synopsis somewhere.
    I've been searching. The issue is there is SO MUCH information I am not really sure what to start with I wish they were on netflix . Seriously it is crazy that I haven't at least seen the movies I suck at reading anymore or being up on current movies. Guess this project is the perfect gateway for me
  7. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post

Do you live under a rock woman?!?! You could always binge watch the movies to give you a harry potter crash course but still! I can't believe you haven't seen at least the movies

I could help! If something came up that I don't know, I have a friend whose like a never ending HP dictionary! But I know there's a ton of HP nerds on here!
    Pretty much, I do

So what I am gathering is that he was an orphan who discovers he's a wizard. He somehow starts going to a magical school (Hogwarts) and stops being an orphan? Though I am not sure how that happened. And he does magic at the school and makes friends but there is one dude there (Voldamort?) who doesn't like him and wants to kill him? That is kind of the gist I am getting but it's leaving a lot of holes and I am sure I am missing pieces, like a lot

Is he a happy dude? (Harry) Or is he like super depressed and always wanting to be alone? Does he like the new school? I am guessing whoever took care of him was an asshole if he is now at magic school? Why/how did he become an orphan? Why does the Lord Voldamort or whatever dislike him so?

I know it's hard to not laugh at my complete lack of knowledge here. I actually am laughing while I am asking these stupid questions because I am just that clueless. Let the mocking of my ignorance begin
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Harrys parents were killed by Voldemort when he was a baby. His aunt and uncle unwillingly took him in and made his life crap- like living in the closet under the staircase and wearing his fat cousins raggity old clothes.

Harry loves hogwarts and made friends, Ron and Hermione. Voldemort tries to kill him every year and those two among others help him out.
  9. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by Franky. View Post

Harrys parents were killed by Voldemort when he was a baby. His aunt and uncle unwillingly took him in and made his life crap- like living in the closet under the staircase and wearing his fat cousins raggity old clothes.

Harry loves hogwarts and made friends, Ron and Hermione. Voldemort tries to kill him every year and those two among others help him out.

Okay so why just every year? Just doesn't have the drive but once a year to try and kill him? How did he GET to Hogwarts and out of the closet?

I feel so lost and so stupid right now
  10. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

I think it's safe to say Harry has some kind of PTSD from all the Voldemort attacks. And he's totally dealing with major depression (especially sixth year!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast