Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cindy Lou Who ! I need Harry Potter help!!!!!

1. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackadoo View Post

Okay so why just every year? Just doesn't have the drive but once a year to try and kill him? How did he GET to Hogwarts and out of the closet?

I feel so lost and so stupid right now
    Voldemort just doesn't like disrupting Harry's education so he waits til the end of the school year to attack

He actually spends the year plotting! (ETA: 1st year: Voldemort is attached to a guy's head and spends the year trying to steal the philosopher's stone to help him attain immortality - Harry got in the way because he has a hero complex or as Hermione puts it 5th year "a saving people thing". Second year Ginny accidentally gets possessed by a part of Voldemort's soul and Harry has to save her because she's his BFF's sister. 3rd year idk wtf Voldie was doing, that's all about Harry's godfather. 4th year Voldie returns to having a human body but it takes a year of plotting to get Harry around - kills Harry's schoolmate but Harry escapes. 5th year Voldie tricks Harry into leaving school and attacks him. 6th year Voldie uses a student to kill harry's mentor and his minions attack the school, but again harry survives. 7th year harry is like "school is dumb, i'm gonna kill voldie" and then there's a big war and harry doesn't actually kill voldie - voldie is killed by his own rebounding spell. then there was a lame epilogue. the end)

Harry got to Hogwarts because a friendly half giant threatened his aunt and uncle then gave his cousin a pig tail to show he meant business

2. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by bajingo View Post
    I think it's safe to say Harry has some kind of PTSD from all the Voldemort attacks. And he's totally dealing with major depression (especially sixth year!)
    I could see the constant threat of death attacks being traumatizing for sure.

Voldemort just doesn't like disrupting Harry's education so he waits til the end of the school year to attack

He actually spends the year plotting!

Harry got to Hogwarts because a friendly half giant threatened his aunt and uncle then gave his cousin a pig tail to show he meant business
    Well I mean at least he's considerate in his murder plots? Wants him to have a well rounded education before he kills him. Does he work/live at the school?

I could see that being successful incentive.

This all sounds very strange
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Okay so why just every year? Just doesn't have the drive but once a year to try and kill him? How did he GET to Hogwarts and out of the closet?

I feel so lost and so stupid right now
    You start Hogwarts at age 11, so they were trying to get his acceptance letter to him. Finally after a whole bunch of his Uncle trying to keep it from him someone (Hagrid) comes and hand delivers it. "Happy birthday you're a wizard and your parents weren't killed in a car crash like you were told but by an evil wizard! Oh he tried to kill you too but failed and that's why you have a scar. Did I mention you're the only person in the wizard world who doesn't know this? You're famous!"

I think Voldemort cares about Harrys education because he always waits until the end of the year, so that's nice of him!

Along the way lots of other things happen... he finds out he has a Godfather and he's eventually killed, he's mysteriously entered into a dangerous competition and the runner up is killed instead of him, the Headmaster of the school is killed while he watches, the professor he thought hated him actually loved his mother and he finds that out when he's killed....
  4. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Hogwarts is a boarding school

5. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts
    Teach us something please
    Whether we be old and bald
    or young with scabby knees!
    Our heads could do with filling
    With some interesting stuff
    For now they're bare and full of air
    dead flies and bits of fluff!
    So teach us things worth knowing
    and things that we forgot
    Just do your best, we'll do the rest
    and learn til our brains rot!

I'm pretty sure that's how the school song goes anyway

6. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Bajingo I am laughing so hard right now it's not even funny.

Okay so is the order and information I am about to present correct.

Sorcerer's Stone #1 _ Harry is 11?
    #2 Chamber of Secrets - Harry is 12?
    #3 Prisoner of Azkaban- Harry is 13?
    #4 Goblet of Fire - 14?
    #5 Order of the Phoenix - 15?
    #6 Half Blood Prince - 16?
    #7 Deathly Hallows #1 - 17?
    and #8 Deathly Hallows #2- 18 yrs old.

Is that the correct age lineup there? How old was he when his parents died and his moved in with his crazy aunt and uncle?
  7. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts
    Teach us something please
    Whether we be old and bald
    or young with scabby knees!
    Our heads could do with filling
    With some interesting stuff
    For now they're bare and full of air
    dead flies and bits of fluff!
    So teach us things worth knowing
    and things that we forgot
    Just do your best, we'll do the rest
    and learn til our brains rot!

I'm pretty sure that's how the school song goes anyway
    I don't even know the tune to this and I have it stuck in my head
  8. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

I could see the constant threat of death attacks being traumatizing for sure.

Well I mean at least he's considerate in his murder plots? Wants him to have a well rounded education before he kills him. Does he work/live at the school?

I could see that being successful incentive.

This all sounds very strange

Voldy doesn't live/work at Hogworts. He has a safe house in which he stays.

Harry lives in the Gryffindor dorms when he doesn't stay with his abusive uncle and cousin. His uncle and cousin all verbally, emotional, mentally abuse him.

Harry also has to do with bullying from the other kids at times.

There are Dementors which can cause depression like symptoms -- and Harry almost died to one. JK Rowling's depression inspired some of her most iconic villains.

I found this link/idea about Harry Potter a while ago and you might be interested in it: Is 'Harry Potter' actually about mental health? | Deseret News National Pretty much a guy on reddit came up with the idea that Harry Potter isn't a wizard but actually in an asylum and explains how the story revolves around mental health.
  9. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Bajingo I am laughing so hard right now it's not even funny.

Okay so is the order and information I am about to present correct.

Sorcerer's Stone #1 _ Harry is 11?
    #2 Chamber of Secrets - Harry is 12?
    #3 Prisoner of Azkaban- Harry is 13?
    #4 Goblet of Fire - 14?
    #5 Order of the Phoenix - 15?
    #6 Half Blood Prince - 16?
    #7 Deathly Hallows #1 - 17?
    and #8 Deathly Hallows #2- 18 yrs old.

Is that the correct age lineup there? How old was he when his parents died and his moved in with his crazy aunt and uncle?
    OMG NO
    There is no 8! 8 is Hollywood's way of making money. Only 7 books - Harry is 17 when he battles Moldyshorts. Which makes him an adult in the wizarding world, but a wee babe to us muggles

ETA: other than that you look spot on. He was I believe just over 1 when his parents died and Dumbledeedore dropped him in a basket on his Aunt and Uncle's doorstep

10. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

In an effort to be helpful, I don't think you could easily assess him without reading the seven books. I saw you asked earlier if he is happy....the books go from age 11 to 17, his , mental health and moods vary wildly. Book 5, he was a miserable sob (imho) but not as much in other years. I guess I just really don't think it'd be easy to assess with out reading the books (movies are fun, but give no emotional realm)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast