Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: DANA!! (Koalabear)

1. Senior Member

DANA!! (Koalabear)

Advertisements
    you're the only person who would understand and actually be excited with me about this

But, I got my new running shoes today, and after 3 weeks of absolutely no running, I wanted to see how I felt. AWESOME. No shin pain. And.. the biggest thing? I RAN THREE WHOLE MILES without stopping!!! I slowed down from what I normally run, 6.5 to a 5.5 I was able to go further without pain. I'm going to see if I can go even further than 3 miles.. THREE WHOLE MILES! I can't believe it!

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by briannanoel View Post
    you're the only person who would understand and actually be excited with me about this

But, I got my new running shoes today, and after 3 weeks of absolutely no running, I wanted to see how I felt. AWESOME. No shin pain. And.. the biggest thing? I RAN THREE WHOLE MILES without stopping!!! I slowed down from what I normally run, 6.5 to a 5.5 I was able to go further without pain. I'm going to see if I can go even further than 3 miles.. THREE WHOLE MILES! I can't believe it!

That is AWESOME!!! Especially the no shin pain and three miles! That's a really, really big accomplishment Definitely try to go farther if you can, but try to follow the "10%" rule as you adjust so you don't hurt yourself (like my dumb ass did)...only increase your distance by 10% each week!

You made a really wise move by slowing down to see if it made a difference...I started doing that a few weeks ago. I've managed to extend my distance to just about 7 miles now, and even though my pace is a little bit slower (I was running 5k at 7.0, but now I run at 6.0 for the duration) my shins felt AMAZING. I just started back on speed work, but only for the first 5k. I'm like a turtle these days

Now to find a gym with childcare near Buechel
  3. Senior Member
    I'm so excited, I never though I would be a distance runner! but, that's a good point, 10% each week I don't want to over do it, I'm just so ridiculously excited
    and you're not a turtle, you're a lot faster than me! I can run a mile in under 8 minutes if I push myself, but my body says "stop it " It kind of worries me because I do have the plan to eventually join the Army, and it's timed two miles. I can do it, but I end up hurting myself. I'm hoping if I slowly build up distance, the speed will eventually come.

I know here they have kids on site, which is for parents to go to the gym. and then of course hourly care in the CDC. my bff does it, she gets hourly for like 2-3 hours so she can go to the gym!

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by briannanoel View Post
    I'm so excited, I never though I would be a distance runner! but, that's a good point, 10% each week I don't want to over do it, I'm just so ridiculously excited
    and you're not a turtle, you're a lot faster than me! I can run a mile in under 8 minutes if I push myself, but my body says "stop it " It kind of worries me because I do have the plan to eventually join the Army, and it's timed two miles. I can do it, but I end up hurting myself. I'm hoping if I slowly build up distance, the speed will eventually come.

I know here they have kids on site, which is for parents to go to the gym. and then of course hourly care in the CDC. my bff does it, she gets hourly for like 2-3 hours so she can go to the gym!
    Hourly daycare sounds AMAZING. I'm hoping to get him into a kindergarten in the fall, which should solve the problem all together, but who knows! We're going to be in a SUPER rural area, so there's probably (knock on wood) going to be room for him where we go.

Definitely slowly build distance and work on speed as a secondary thing; that's what I would do, at least. That's what I *am* doing! I miss speed work...I'm hoping to start doing more of it now that my leg is feeling a bit better.