Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: SouthernQueen! (actually all yall read this)

1. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

SouthernQueen! (actually all yall read this)

Advertisements
    Today at work we were doing a workshop on military culture and one of the speakers was a navy guy, retired vice adm I think. We found out in our whole group (like 100 people) that nobody was a navy vet or navy spouse. So the speaker started talking about how tradition was important in the navy and asked us if we knew who got to come off the ship first for a homecoming. I was the only who knew the answer! And I only knew it because someone here told me that the new dads get to come off the ship first. Yay!

(I think the person who told me was Southern-Queen but I could be wrong?) Thanks for helping me look good at work though lol whoever that was!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I thought you were going to be talking about talking southern!
    But good for you both!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I dont' know why I wrote her name out correctly in the post but not the title. I r dumb hehe.
  4. Senior Member
    I don't think it was me. I would love to take credit for that but I really don't think it was me.

Glad you were the only one who knew thus looking good at work. And yay! for whomever it was that told you.
  5. Senior Member
    I thought all branches dismissed we dads first and then did first kiss winners. Didn't know that was just a navy thing.
  6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    I don't think it was me. I would love to take credit for that but I really don't think it was me.

Glad you were the only one who knew thus looking good at work. And yay! for whomever it was that told you.
    Hmm it was a long time ago! Maybe I just assumed it was you because you're super smart lol.

Enthused Meerkat I don't know about all the branches but at DH's homecoming they just had everyone stand in formation and then dismissed them all at the same time. I know there was at least one new dad there but they didn't single any out or anything. It would be a nice thing for the other branches to do too though! No first kiss winners either.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    That's really kind of cute... I didn't know that. Though, if I were there I'd be like I don't care just let me at my DH, lol.

Glad you got to look good at work! lol
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Hmm it was a long time ago! Maybe I just assumed it was you because you're super smart lol.

Enthused Meerkat I don't know about all the branches but at DH's homecoming they just had everyone stand in formation and then dismissed them all at the same time. I know there was at least one new dad there but they didn't single any out or anything. It would be a nice thing for the other branches to do too though! No first kiss winners either.
    I have never heard of it being done at the bases DH has been at, not even just his sqd but any. With the AF, it is just whomever gets off the plane first (from what I have seen). Than of course which ever spouse can run and drag (if need be) the kids faster than the others lol.

Me, I just kinda hang back and try not to get trampled and wait.
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hi, everybody, I am a new friend.